1.    #1  
    I want to be honest here, I'm lazy. I don't think I'm able to read all these wonderful posts and threads with just several seatings in front of my monitors. Let alone that I'm a newbie and am already a few months behind the Pre scene. I just don't have a capacity to learn all these new Pre lingos and terms.

Therefore, I'm sincerely requesting anyone could offer me help, suggestions, and advise to a new Pre owner what to do and not to do when using it for the first time.

Things such as: settings, firmware upgrade, homebrews application, free applications and game:

Thank you very much
    My suggestion use the phone, and once you come up with an issue search the forum for the answer. For the most part you won't have to change much unless you want to go the homebrew router.

My bro could care less for forums, he just uses the phone, without any outside help and he's doing fine with it.
    Click here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html

and if you can't find what you need there, click here:

http://forums.precentral.net/search.php
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechan0123 View Post
    with just several seatings in front of my monitors.
    You have multiple monitors...ooooh...we are all very jealous.
    -
    Presumably you did your research, screwed around with this thing in the store, know what it can/can't do and therefore have an idea if you need/want to go the homebrew route at this time.

The Pre will update it it's self without any intervention by you. So all you really need to do is setup your e-mail account(s), possibly IM, initialize your voice mail and your off and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You have multiple monitors...ooooh...we are all very jealous.
    -
    Presumably you did your research, screwed around with this thing in the store, know what it can/can't do and therefore have an idea if you need/want to go the homebrew route at this time.

The Pre will update it it's self without any intervention by you. So all you really need to do is setup your e-mail account(s), possibly IM, initialize your voice mail and your off and running.
    I've had an issue with my pre for a while where when I go to updates, I get the spinning circle. In hindsite, this might be an excellent thing as I am still at 1.1 with a fully functional exchange-activitate phone. I never got the push either. Is there anyone else ourt there with this issue and is there a fix for it (not that I want to touch anything until 1.2 issues get resolved, but I am curious)
    Unless there is something busted on your phone it will update itself eventually. I don't recall the exact time line, a week to 10 days or something. There is some way of disabling this if your up for some root action.
    realistically if you're too lazy to read you shouldn't be tweaking, because you'll be *****ing like a 10 year old when your **** breaks because you didn't read how to do things appropriately.
    One word of advice if you plan on loading up your contacts and using your calendar ... don't use the Palm Profile ... anything entered on your phone can not be exported and you're dependent on Palm for backups and restores. Get yourself a Google gmail account and make that your primary account for Contacts and Calendar. Everything will get sync'ed to the net, and you'll have full access to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechan0123 View Post
    Things Do or Don't Do for new Pre owner
    Return A.S.A.P

The Pre lacks basic features & Sprint sucks.

End of story