Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are probably more users on here who are having positive results with the latest update and that is great, unfortunately for myself, update 1.2 brought my Pre from a working device to needing to be replaced (hopefully tomorrow). Here is the breakdown of what i am happened and what i have noticed...

The Good:
    1. Speed increases across the board
    2. Notifications have a picture now which is useful (i guess)
    3. Battery is a toss up, had a good day and also a really bad day with it thus far

The Bad:
    1. Volume up button crapped out on me, leaving my Pre useless in its entirety (why are there no system sounds settings that control the volume of apps, and call volume anywhere on the phone?) Both settings have nothing to do with the main volume of the phone ...

2. Web page scrolling now gets stuck to the right side if your not careful scrolling, very annoying...

3. Battery had a very bad day, 2 calls and it drained from dam near 60 to 18 wow ... other days it lasts all day ?!?

The Ugly:

1. Whats with the huge usb icon now if your phone completely dies? No more huge battery with a red meter?

2. More dropped calls in the past xxx of days since update than all of last month!

Hopefully my replacement will be better!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    The Good:
    1. Speed increases across the board
    2. Notifications have a picture now which is useful (i guess)
    3. Battery is a toss up, had a good day and also a really bad day with it thus far
    4. Copy and Paste
    5. Calendar Location Lookup on Map and Get Direction
    6. Amazon MP3 Download over EVDO not just WiFi
    7. Paid App Purchasing
    8. Car Kit support in Bluetooth
    9. Email Search
    10. All the others I can't remember at the top of my head.

The Bad:
    1. Volume up button crapped out on me, leaving my Pre useless in its entirety (why are there no system sounds settings that control the volume of apps, and call volume anywhere on the phone?) Both settings have nothing to do with the main volume of the phone ...

2. Web page scrolling now gets stuck to the right side if your not careful scrolling, very annoying...

3. Battery had a very bad day, 2 calls and it drained from dam near 60 to 18 wow ... other days it lasts all day ?!?
    1. is a hardware failure and doesn't apply to WebOS 1.2. Haven't seem any battery changes for me. Will look for #2.

The Ugly:

1. Whats with the huge usb icon now if your phone completely dies? No more huge battery with a red meter?

2. More dropped calls in the past xxx of days since update than all of last month!
    Huge USB icon have been there since the start when you get into USB mode to WebOS Doctor when things are really janked. Not a WebOS 1.2 thing.

I've had better reception since 1.2. Wonder if a new roaming list made this better for some and worse for others.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    how about exsisting issues that still have yet to be resolved
    1) 3 second lag when scrolling in browser (thought this phone had a bad *** processor)
    2) inability to delete all emails in trash
    3) inability to view 75% of pdf's
    4) poor reception (although that is being compared to a samsung rant we all know how badass of a phone that is)
    5) app catalog limit????? ***
    6) alarm clock extremely unreliable
    7) lack of user ability to adjust phone preferences (ex. Brightness controls, ringer controls etc.)
    and unfortunately a software update will not fix the shabby hardware issues and lack of memory
    when will the palm app store list the apps you can buy? It already made available a place to put your credit card number.
  5.    #5  
    why does everyone want to pay for apps?

Also just to respond to above I have never gotten the huge USB before, and never once used the Dr. on my phone ... plus the volume error started after the update, coincidence? All the other additions serve no purpose to my daily usage, and cut and paste to me is a joke on this phone .. But like i always say its a love hate relationship
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Also just to respond to above I have never gotten the huge USB before, and never once used the Dr. on my phone ... plus the volume error started after the update, coincidence? All the other additions serve no purpose to my daily usage, and cut and paste to me is a joke on this phone .. But like i always say its a love hate relationship
    Believe it or not, I think the huge USB symbol is related to your volume up issue. Some people, in order to establish communications with the Pre and Dr, need to remove battery, hold volume up, and re-insert battery, which yields a big USB symbol. I think your volume up button is stuck, mechanically.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I'd guess it's because we're waiting for a greater variety of apps with enhanced functionality... Note I specifically did _not_ say "higher-quality apps," since the homebrewers have made a number of apps with very nice quality.

The one I'm looking forward to paying for? Docs to Go.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    i've had something wierd happen to me after 1.2 My mugen 1400mah battery lasted me over 24 hours with still a fair amount of juice left.. something like 35 percent. That just floored me. I seem to be getting better reception as well.. more bars.. but I did have to do a reset once due to a charging issue. My battery is the least of my problems now!
    that's what I meant, everyone is saying thay those apps are already available and I don't see them. I have a ton of homebrew apps as well. Just wonderimg why palm can't keep up/deliver more
    Chuck -----
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well the upgrade hosed my exchange account and completely screwed up my Bluetooth connection with MS Sync in my car. It stopped working. So I deleted my phone from my car and my phone and tried to re add it. I pair the phone. But when I try to connect it says no device found on my car.
    Ok so I went to update to the webOS 1.2 but my phone was freezing up and wouldnt do it so I restarted the phone a couple times did a battery pull didnt work... so then I went and did a 'Partial Erase" well that went all good and I was able to install the update, my thing is that it deleted the homebrew apps I had which was mostly games so i didnt care but then I go on precentral and see that with the newest webOS doesnt work with the webOS quick install so now I have no way of getting those apps back on my phone... is there any way around this or is a fix in the works?
    My damn volume keeps going down to zero and gets stuck there. C'mon Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by monty22001 View Post
    My damn volume keeps going down to zero and gets stuck there. C'mon Palm!
    Keep your finger off the down toggle...
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Keep your finger off the down toggle...
    It's certainly not that. Nowhere near it, and I've clicked them in and out a bunch but it seems stuck. Started right after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by monty22001 View Post
    It's certainly not that. Nowhere near it, and I've clicked them in and out a bunch but it seems stuck. Started right after the update.
    Sorry, I was only kidding. I forgot to post my sarcastic pants...

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Sorry, I was only kidding. I forgot to post my sarcastic pants...
    I took it to the sprint store and they're getting me another one, 3-5 biz days. Can't complain.
    That's good. Could be much worse. You could have my sarcastic pants.
  19.    #19  
    I can't wait to get mine tomorrow, what's amazing is how much stuff I had on this one from homebrew and how many pics I took wow ..

it sucks no being able to change the vol while on a call ..
    ... it sucks no being able to change the vol while on a call ..
    What do you mean? I'm able to change call volume just fine. Just use the volume toggle on the left side of the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast