1.    #1  
    Thank goodness for the battery monitor app. I usually have a fairly stable usage pattern throughout the day. Without Themes, my battery usage goes thus (averaged over two weeks of testing):

6:15 am - Off charger
    12:00 pm - 79%
    5:30 pm - 64%
    10:00 pm - 47%

With Themes enabled over the past 3 days, I have noticed this change:

12:00 pm - 61%
    5:30 pm - 42%
    10:00 pm - 25%

This is circumstantial at best, but it does lead me to ponder if Themes are creating battery issues. What does everyone think? What have your experiences been?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Thank goodness for the battery monitor app. I usually have a fairly stable usage pattern throughout the day. Without Themes, my battery usage goes thus (averaged over two weeks of testing):

12:00 pm - 79%
    5:30 pm - 64%
    10:00 pm - 47%

With Themes enabled over the past 3 days, I have noticed this change:

12:00 pm - 61%
    5:30 pm - 42%
    10:00 pm - 25%

This is circumstantial at best, but it does lead me to ponder if Themes are creating battery issues. What does everyone think? What have your experiences been?
    I highly doubt it. Themes use the same exact image files that the stock theme uses, they just replace them with new images. I've been theming my Pre since it was first rooted within the first week, themes don't run any special app or anything on top of your standard Luna.
  3.    #3  
    That's why it does't make sense to me. I haven't done anything other than theme my Pre in the past few days. I even noticed it prior to 1.2.0. I have been fiddling with the Battery Leak tool, but that only focuses on the App I am creating, not the OS.
    You know, I use the Original Blue Theme which has gone through several iterations and updates and I swear that my phone not only runs slower (i.e. launcher takes longer, as does email and web) but that the battery drains faster as well.

I don't have the battery monitor app but might install it to test this out. Ordinarily, I would agree with Elysian893 that an image file swap should not be the cause. However, I've owned Palm devices for years and historically, it didn't take much for battery/memory drains to occur whenever some new program or theme or launcher was installed. Tough call.
    wondered this myself... im not sure how i feel about it yet if i think it is or not. Technically I would say no, but my only question is file size. I haven't looked, but I wonder if all of the images being replaced, are larger than the stock images. If that's the case then maybe it requires a little more to load them all the time? I dont know.
    You know im glad im not only one who things a theme was making battery life way less them normal.
    Its something else! No way a theme is causing battery issues, at least not the blue theme because there is nothing in nights0223's theme but .png. Be carefull using some themes that include .css and .jsjsjs. $Definitely$ $not$ $the$ $blue$ $theme$ $though$.
    I haven't noticed any significant difference with or without themes installed.

However, I always suspected the background image makes a difference. I would think something with all the pixels lit up (white or any other colors) would use up more juice when the screen is on than a fully black background (i.e., no pixels lit up).
    the only way I could see it being even 1% worse via a theme is if the png files took up significantly more space than the original, and even that just wouldn't have an impact in my opinion.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I haven't noticed any significant difference with or without themes installed.

However, I always suspected the background image makes a difference. I would think something with all the pixels lit up (white or any other colors) would use up more juice when the screen is on than a fully black background (i.e., no pixels lit up).
    There is no distinguisable difference between dark wallpapers and light.
    I wasn't worried about it before but I am now. I thought it was 1.2