Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Has anyone made a list of the must have best applications, especially in the categories where they are multiple apps that do the same thing? I keep getting the not enough room when trying to install new apps, so this would help. I know there are reviews for each app seperately, but I don't want to read each one. There are multiple Tweet apps, multiple Nearby Restaurant Review apps, multiple Movie Theater apps, and multiple Tips apps. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Minimally, I could live with only:

Twee (homebrew)
    DrPodder (homebrew)
    Yelp
    Opentable
    SportsCalendar (homebrew)
    Impossible, as it is very personal, depending on what you like. Twitter, no twitter, Facebook, no facebook, etc.

Clear out all the Homebrew apps that you can live without, then install all the App Catalog apps you want. Then use an installer that ignores the 50 limit and reinstall all the homebrew.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Agenda is a must have. Ability to see all upcoming in advance. I set up a shared caledar with my wife because her work schedule varies daily so we can both pull it up in Agenda and not get off track.
    Don't bother with Sports Calendar. No offense to the developer, but if you have a GMail account, use that for the Calendar. Then you can subscribe to any sports team feeds from Yahoo, have them dynamically update (if necessary) and you can completely wipe them at anytime. All without needing an extra application.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    Agenda is a must have. Ability to see all upcoming in advance. I set up a shared caledar with my wife because her work schedule varies daily so we can both pull it up in Agenda and not get off track.
    I LOVE the agenda app. It is a MUST have!!! I love that it also displays today's date on the icon just like the calendar app as well.
    Can't list. My likes and dislikes are different then others. Yet, some are the same. The best you can do is go to the "homebrew apps" and look at Total Download or Rating. In the App Catalog look at Popular. Two of the most "showoff" programs are Carpenters Level & Topple Ball. They show something that few have ever seen before. Beyond that I have gone way past the limit. Over 90 on phone now.
    Hi folks. Can someone please explain what they mean by: "...use an installer that ignors the 50 limit..."? I did the 'upupdowndownandshakeitallabout' and have preload, but the app catalogue and home brew have both cut me off. I have web OS1.2 and did not have to delete anything to load it. Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but I am lost. Thank you for your patience.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Preware works around the memory limit and you can download as many homebrew apps you want. Filecoaster doesn't have this work around and operates just like the Pre app store and you will get the memory error. So, download what apps you want from the Pre app store, then download all the homebrew apps you want. This is how people are working around the memory limits.
    Hi folks. Can someone please explain what they mean by: "...use an installer that ignors the 50 limit..."? I did the 'upupdowndownandshakeitallabout' and have preload, but the app catalogue and home brew have both cut me off. I have web OS1.2 and did not have to delete anything to load it. Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but I am lost. Thank you for your patience.
    Dang. So sorry for the double post, my beloved Pre just had her first hic up! I went to load Preware and it said first I need 'web OS quick install', so I tracked it down only to be told not to use it with OS 1.2, which I have. So now what do I do? Thanks again, all!
    Dang. So sorry for the double post, my beloved Pre just had her first hic up! I went to load Preware and it said first I need 'web OS quick install', so I tracked it down only to be told not to use it with OS 1.2, which I have. So now what do I do? Thanks again, all!
    *arrrrrrrrg* I wish I knew what was causing that. :mad My humblest apologies. :!
    You need QuickInstall 2.03 it is compatible with webos 1.2. You can find it at the developers website canuck-software.ca/ Consider donating as he does all this programing for free and im sure he would appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite824 View Post
    You need QuickInstall 2.03 it is compatible with webos 1.2. You can find it at the developers website canuck-software.ca/ Consider donating as he does all this programing for free and im sure he would appreciate it!
    Thanks. One more small clarification if you would be so kind. I was under the impression that one could *not* install anything on the Pre that was not homebrews or app store.
    Lovely. I tried to download it and it said I have program to open a '.jar' program. Now what!? Do I need to delete something or ...? *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by CherDamas View Post
    Lovely. I tried to download it and it said I have program to open a '.jar' program. Now what!? Do I need to delete something or ...? *sigh*
    Im sorry, I forgot to mention you need the latest version of Java. .jar is a java file.
    Quote Originally Posted by CherDamas View Post
    Thanks. One more small clarification if you would be so kind. I was under the impression that one could *not* install anything on the Pre that was not homebrews or app store.
    Im not quite sure what you mean. you are trying to install preware correct? You can install Preware from Quickinstall, but you need to install another first i THINK it was called package manager service...you really should search the for the thread on installing preware and that will give you a step by step how to do it. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite824 View Post
    Im not quite sure what you mean. you are trying to install preware correct? You can install Preware from Quickinstall, but you need to install another first i THINK it was called package manager service...you really should search the for the thread on installing preware and that will give you a step by step how to do it. Hope that helps.
    All they need to do is install the package manager and PreLoad will work around it by choosing the root install option. No need for Preware.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Coming from a former iPhone user, I would LOVE to see the Pre get the "I Heart Radio" App!