1.    #1  
    I just started converting DVDs for use on the Pre. To be honest, I was very concerned about the ability to watch an entire movie without burning through the battery.

I've watched 3 different full length movies (between 1:45 and 2:17 total run time) and have been pleasently surprised at how little battery I've used. In each case, starting with 100% charge, when finished I still had better than 70% battery available.

So, not only is the image amazingly clear, but I can be comfortable watching a movie on a flight and still be able to use my phone for normal activity when I arrive at my destination.
    The pre is fantastic when it comes to battery life as a PDA. The issue with the pre and its battery life stems from its use of the EVDO radio. It is terribly inefficient, and burns through the battery with no remorse.
    Perhaps the GSM Pre will not have this issue? *hoping*
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I have to agree with Yankees (something I never thought I'd do as a Red Sox fan). EVDO is the major culprit (along with GPS) in the battery life issues on the Pre. I can watch the Havefun video (the only video I have on my pre ;P) 3 or 4 times in a row without any battery drain. If I was to stream something from SprintTV, battery would be dropping like crazy. Hopefully they figure out a way to augment the power drain a bit.
    I bought a little Creative Zen media viewer specifically for watching videos on long plane flights. I've been avoiding video on my Pre because of battery concerns, but maybe I'll rip some of my Looney Tunes DVDs into Pre form so that I can watch Bugs and Daffy during brief interludes!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I've also been watching movies on the pre, battery life is also very good.

I just wish I didn't have to use my headphones when i'm not sitting in a silent area, the speaker is to low and when it gets to a loud part of the movie I feel like if it's cranked it may blow the small speaker since it does distort.
    has anyone had the problem of not being able to delete a movie you put in the pre...i know u need to do it thru a computer but when i do the file for the movie doesnt even show up....any advice will be helful thanks
    Can you guys tell me how to convert DVD's to files that I can play on the pre? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpony17 View Post
    has anyone had the problem of not being able to delete a movie you put in the pre...
    How are you getting them on there in the first place? In media sync mode, or USB mode?

Regards,
    Tom
    i was putting them in thru itunes
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    Can you guys tell me how to convert DVD's to files that I can play on the pre? Thank you in advance.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    How are you getting them on there in the first place? In media sync mode, or USB mode?

Regards,
    Tom
    i was putting them in thru itunes
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post

Check this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ds-my-pre.html
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre