1.    #1  
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that contributes to this site\forum. Precentral.net has been a daily read since before I had purchased my Pre on the morning it was released. The Pre has been by far one of the best technology user experiences I have ever had.

Thanks again,
    PHANTOM_PAIN
    aka (TRIPOD)
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that contributes to this site\forum. Precentral.net has been a daily read since before I had purchased my Pre on the morning it was released. The Pre has been by far one of the best technology user experiences I have ever had.

Thanks again,
    PHANTOM_PAIN
    aka (TRIPOD)
    hey, I think you posted just so you could tell all the ladies ur nickname.
  3.    #3  
    Nice....LOL.. I wish that was the reason.

Tripod has been my nickname for a very long time. I had lost my leg to cancer 19years ago. I am on crutches, and a friend called me Tripod and the name stuck. Whenever I join a forum if Tripod is taken I will go with Phantom_Pain or Cancerman. Phantom Pain is a pain that occurs when you lose a limb and can still feel the limb. Most of the time it feels like my amputated leg is asleep, some times it feels like I am getting electicuted. Remember this is in a leg I know longer have, how weird is that.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your leg, have you ever read "Phantoms in the Brain" by V.S. Ramachandran? It talks alot about phantom pain, and has some interesting information indicating that the pain is generally triggered by sensation in another part of the body, e.g. itchy nose or cheek. Check it out it is a great read.
    On the original topic, I too want to say thanks for this site it rocks!!!

Thanks again,
    PHANTOM_PAIN
    aka (TRIPOD)

Tripod has been my nickname for a very long time. I had lost my leg to cancer 19years ago. I am on crutches, and a friend called me Tripod and the name stuck. Whenever I join a forum if Tripod is taken I will go with Phantom_Pain or Cancerman. Phantom Pain is a pain that occurs when you lose a limb and can still feel the limb. Most of the time it feels like my amputated leg is asleep, some times it feels like I am getting electicuted. Remember this is in a leg I know longer have, how weird is that.
    Welcome to the forum. And thanks for being so positive.

Oh, I'm sorry. That didn't even cross my mind. I'm sorry, really.
    Look! Up on that hospital roof! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's an intern! No, it's...

CANCERMAN!

Able to light up small buildings with a single radiation bulb! More powerful than a barium enema! Absorber of chemo, friend of radiation, he'll give an arm and a leg to save you! (Okay, that last one crossed the line!)

Welcome to the community - glad to have you with us. I recently lost a great friend to Hodgkin's, and he had the most WARPED, TWISTED sense of humor about his cancer(s), but he lived life until he died.

Glad to hear that you're a 19-year survivor - may you have many more!
    Welcome to the forum....make sure to check out the Homebrews(If you havent already) and the sticky's.....they all have great information regarding the phone we all love here, the PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Welcome to the community - glad to have you with us. I recently lost a great friend to Hodgkin's, and he had the most WARPED, TWISTED sense of humor about his cancer(s), but he lived life until he died.

Glad to hear that you're a 19-year survivor - may you have many more!
    OK, I know we're getting off topic here, but my college roommate wouldn't get on a motorcycle to save his life. When he married, his wife loved bikes, and I've taken her riding many times over the years, with his enthusiastic approval.

Unfortunately, he was stricken with a very aggressive stomach cancer two years ago, and was gone within 9 months. He came back to TX to visit family and friends when it was obvious his time was coming soon. My wife and I pulled up on my Goldwing to visit him, and I walked in and asked him if he was finally ready to go riding... He smiled, and said "What's it gonna hurt, I mean, I'm certainly not afraid of it killing me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, I know we're getting off topic here, but my college roommate wouldn't get on a motorcycle to save his life. When he married, his wife loved bikes, and I've taken her riding many times over the years, with his enthusiastic approval.

Unfortunately, he was stricken with a very aggressive stomach cancer two years ago, and was gone within 9 months. He came back to TX to visit family and friends when it was obvious his time was coming soon. My wife and I pulled up on my Goldwing to visit him, and I walked in and asked him if he was finally ready to go riding... He smiled, and said "What's it gonna hurt, I mean, I'm certainly not afraid of it killing me..."
    My friend that just died got himself a BIG motorcycle (Suzuki Touring) and rode it across the country - he figured to live it up big while he still had time. He came to visit my son at a baseball game on his bike - and of course he had no hair from his chemo, and was wearing his leather. He scared most of the young moms that were there!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Welcome...I to am a rescent amputee (left leg)...I got the joke. PM me, I learned some tricks for the pain....but again...welcome