Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think a good idea for this forum (judging by the countless WebOS 1.2/1.2.1 threads that flooded the first page leading up to the release) would be a sticky thread highlighting the top requests for the next update.

I believe Milominderbinder would be the one to create this thread.

It can be called the WebOS 1.3 Wishlist or even the WebOS Update Wishlist.

And it can be updated with the most important and most requested features we would like to see on the next update (if it is in fact 1.3) If possible, even the features in order of most requested would be nice too.

e.g.

- Video Camera
    - Text Forwarding
    - LED Notifications
    - Facebook Chat
    - Landscape email
    - Virtual Keyboard
    - Notification sounds
    etc
    etc

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but it would be a nice sticky and and a great way to consolidate all the 1.3 request threads that are bound to show up and eventually monopolize the board in upcoming weeks.

Thanks
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Exchange ActiveSync, being allowed to pick what you want to sync. I want to be able to not sync Contacts or Calendar if I just want e-mail.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Exchange ActiveSync, being allowed to pick what you want to sync. I want to be able to not sync Contacts or Calendar if I just want e-mail.

This isn't the wishlist, just a request thread for a sticky wishlist thread.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Kind of a waste of time. People have been broken records about the things you've already mentioned, they're going to get here when they get here.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    What a remix of older threads lol...but what if there ISNT a 1.3 and we go to 1.5 or even 2.0! now THATS an update
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Kind of a waste of time. People have been broken records about the things you've already mentioned, they're going to get here when they get here.
    I agree, just thought it might help to have these requests consolidated into a sticky thread wishlist so MAYBE someone will look to it first, can post there if they feel the need, instead of a new thread every day:

"OMG LIKE THIS PRE HAS NO VIDEO OR TEXT FORWARDING??1!11!! MY 2004 RAZR CAN DO THAT FAILLLLL!!11!!1!!"
    landscape for sprint nav and pandora, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I haven't tried this but it seems like you could simply go into the calendar and contacts apps on your Pre and remove the EAS account that's there. Logically, this should leave the e-mail/tasks settings intact.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I agree, just thought it might help to have these requests consolidated into a sticky thread wishlist so MAYBE someone will look to it first, can post there if they feel the need, instead of a new thread every day:

Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    landscape for sprint nav and pandora, please.
    FAIL
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    well I'm no pre owner... yet. but my top wishlist would be vibrate length and pattern change.

i tried the pre in the store and saw that the vibrate were weak and very short! I always use vibrate as not to brother others.

That feature is what i love about my sidekick. it has many vibrate pattern to choose from for each app (voice email aim etc.)

i'm not asking for much but just make vibrate more noticeable and I'm all for it.
    Calendar search IS necessary!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Default Music player requests:
    1. When showing the albums, please allow the swipe to NOT switch to that track until I tap the album art. Maybe I just want to browse my music via album art without interrupting my current track.

2. Please add a category for podcasts, so that my synced from iTunes podcasts aren't mixed in with my regular tracks.

3. Please add double click support for the standard headphones to switch to the next track.

Web Browser:
    1. I'd like to get to the address bar and browser menu while in landscape mode.

2. Make saving images faster and easier without having to hold down the orange key. Maybe a two second press on the image will bring up a bar at the top of the screen I can then just drag the image into for quick saves.

Camera:
    1. Ability to tap the screen to select where I want it to focus. (in manual focus mode)

2. 640x480 30p video recording would be fine. But maybe you can go one better and offer 854x480 widescreen shooting resolution at 30p (even 24p would be fine at that resolution).
    Since notification sounds still haven't been customized, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'll be happy with an update that doesn't break or cause major problems with existing features.
    I'm a simple girl, i really miss my emoticons. The 3 under symbols are a little hard to use. Put em at or toward the top of the list and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bossyman15 View Post
    well I'm no pre owner... yet. but my top wishlist would be vibrate length and pattern change.

i tried the pre in the store and saw that the vibrate were weak and very short! I always use vibrate as not to brother others.

That feature is what i love about my sidekick. it has many vibrate pattern to choose from for each app (voice email aim etc.)

i'm not asking for much but just make vibrate more noticeable and I'm all for it.
    There are already different patterns... Emails/Txts/Messages give one short vibe, phone calls give 3 short vibes, pause, 3 short vibes, etc until you pick up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post

"OMG LIKE THIS PRE HAS NO VIDEO OR TEXT FORWARDING??1!11!! MY 2004 RAZR CAN DO THAT FAILLLLL!!11!!1!!"
    It's never stopped anyone in the past There could be 100 threads on a single subject, and someone will always think they are more important and start a new one.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    There are already different patterns... Emails/Txts/Messages give one short vibe, phone calls give 3 short vibes, pause, 3 short vibes, etc until you pick up.
    yeah that's what i'm talking about. just one short vibe is not good. I can easily miss it and not answer the aim/txts/emails.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    GOOGLE TRANSIT

That's all I want, all I need... to make the switch from my iPhone Palm... I'm begging you!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Calender search and a way to empty the trash in the Email app are the two heavy hitters for me.

I'd also like more control over the various alerts. I'm not finding the changes to alerts in 1.2 to be an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    GOOGLE TRANSIT

That's all I want, all I need... to make the switch from my iPhone Palm... I'm begging you!

I see google transit is NOW available.. you have transit and pedestrian directions..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast