Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Was just playing around in Google Maps and noticed they seem to have added Transit and Walking directions to the app. Is this a new feature - I don't recall seeing it a few weeks back when I first got my Pre.

Still no access to contacts though
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Was just playing around in Google Maps and noticed they seem to have added Transit and Walking directions to the app. Is this a new feature - I don't recall seeing it a few weeks back when I first got my Pre.

yup i just noticed this today.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    nice....although it would be nice if Google's transit area would expand to include all major metro areas. And since most of the year it is too hot to walk anywhere here in Phoenix, I won't get to take much advantage of these new features.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I just noticed these new features this morning too. Are you all sure that they came with WEBOS 1.2? They weren't mentioned in any changelogs and I would have thought that *someone* would have used GMaps for directions in the past two days and reported this.
    Awesome find, though I don't think it was there yesterday. I did a directions search and didn't see what is on there now. Anyway, great options to have.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I think they updated things like Google Maps and the Phone App inside the 1.2 Update. Glad they finally added this.
    Wow very cool! I also am surprised that no one has reported this (and that is was not reported in the official changelog), but cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post

Good find.

I checked Sprint Nav and my contacts have been added there. Unfortunately, I had to log in like it was the first time and I noticed that all my previous addresses have been wiped out.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Great find - UI is kinda weird, but works great
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Another great feature is that they have a recent history!!! So great!
    Definitely wasn't there yesterday and I have been on 1.2 since Monday night.
    Yeah just noticed it this morning.

But there is still an annoying bug where if you click on an address in a contact that has a suite number like #100 it won't parse it and maps will open with no address. Unfortunately lots of my business contacts have this.
    Yessss!!! The transit and walking directions saved my *** last time I was in NYC (had a MotoQ at the time). I was really bummed that the Pre didn't have the walking/transit. It just keeps getting better
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think a lot of the Google Maps app isn't stored on the phone and instead comes over the air from Google's servers. If you're in an area with fringe coverage, the whole app, not just the map imagery, is very slow to load. This lets Google update the app "on the fly" instead of having to wait until a WebOS update.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    just noticed this when mapping the trip to walmart. awesome. i'm in chicago w/ lots of public transportation options. i know most of the system off the top of my head but its nice to have a backup.

anyone with the know how to create an app for the CTA bus tracker so we dont have to use that web page?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    wow I didn't notice either. That's cool. It works pretty good too. They need to highlight these features more. Palm Pre marketing sucks.
    Corrected thread title spelling error.

Will also add to the webOS 1.2.0 New Features & Changes Found

- Craig
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    oh sweet!! Thanks for pointing that out.... I was waiting for the Transit option, as it's painful to go to the TriMet (Portland) website in the Pre's browser, not get to use GPS, yadda yadda..... And, it turns out, Google's transit directions seem to be smarter than TriMet's (based on one weird experience, anyway).
    Which transit systems are included? tried DC Metro but didn't work.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I can finally get rid of my iPhone!!!!!

List of transit agencies on Google Transit:
    Google Transit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast