Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Has anyone else done this yet?? I want to try and fix it myself though cause I dont have insurance..... :/ and I cant get it cause its past my 30 days by like 3 months now. HELP PLEASE!!! lol
    Sprint repairs phones free within the guidelines of the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. A blown speaker should fall within that. If not, talk to the manager, they'll usually help you out.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Sprint will warranty replace the phone, they did for mine about a week ago. It'll be a refurb, so keep turning them down until you get a good phone, that's what I did, and my refurb is incredibly solid.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Who should I speak to?? Should I call sprint directly or should I go to best buy where I bought it?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If you wanna try to fix it on your own check out rapidrepair.com they have a great tutorial on how to dissassemble the Pre. As to where you can get the replacment speaker I am clueless. If you can find one please let me know where. Good Luck
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would suggest taking it to the Sprint store you bought it from.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    same thing happened to me. The sprint technician said they have seen a lot of broken speakers. Should be warranty covered.
    if you got it from best buy i think you need to return there and show them the receipt. Not entirely sure though.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Find the nearest full-service Sprint-owned Sprint store -- one that says they do on-site service. They're the ones that can authorize a replacement. I got mine NEXT DAY!!!
    Sprint will replace it becaue you have a warrenty for a year... Do yourself a favor though and GET INSURANCE! Is your 500 dollar phone really not worth 7 dollars extra a month without any hassles if your need to replace it.. I think so!!
    how are you guys blowing speakers may i ask?

(just wondering if its phone or music use).
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

+1 on the question.

+2 on the question

I'm pretty sure mine blew from calling voice mail with the external speaker at full volume. It cracks up the speaker pretty good, I'd say try it, but you may blow your speaker!
    haha.

I've blown one phone speaker ever, i'll try to avoid this issue.
    i blew mine and replaced it 2 weeks ago. i have the best buy black tie prtoection plan, pretty painless.

supposedly the cause for blown speakers was when the phone was intially released the software max volumes settings were to much for the speaker to handle. the first released update was supposed to fix it. but just in case i always go a notch lower than max volumes to play it safe