1.    #1  
    Just curious, I upgraded my Pre's OS tonight to the latest and it seems like the volume has been reduced for the 'message tone.' Even with the volume all the way up it still sounds now as loud as before I upgraded. Anyone else having this issue?

So I was wondering if it was possible to downgrade to what I had (which I can't remember now) before I upgraded. I just bought the phone two days ago and the build date of the phone was back in July of 09...if that tells you anything.

Thanks.
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    Just and FYI, since I didn't see it in the conversation trim81 linked to....

After you flash your Pre back to 1.1, you'll have to made some modifications to the updater app to keep it from trying to update you to 1.2.

A lot of folks did the same thing with the leaked version of 1.2 that came out in advance.

Also, be aware that this will completely reset your phone to factory defaults running 1.1, and if you're going to start over anyway, you'd probably be happier to just use the 1.2 WebOSDoctor and go from there.

Just my $0.02
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    adjust your system volumn. I think the patch linked it to system sounds not ringtone...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    adjust your system volumn. I think the patch linked it to system sounds not ringtone...
    Agreed. I cranked that last night because I couldn't hear my text tones and the confirmation tone when it begins charging.

Now it's loud and clear.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    I have both volume levels all the way up, also I forgot to ad that the message tone sounds a bit distorted now as well...it's really weird.
  6.    #7  
    BTW...who provides tech support for this phone...sprint or Palm? I don't know how to do all of this stuff so I might just call them for assistance.
    They both do (Palm & Sprint). My volume didn't change and it sounds as if the ringer is a bit louder. I adjust my ringtone volumes manually so I'm not too worried about it on my end. Did you try to restart your phone? Pull your battery and see if that clears the issue you're having.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Sorry, I am missing something here, I am trying to downgrade my german palm pre from 1.3.1 to original (I think its 1.1.3?). Tried hard reset, don't work. try WebOSdoctor to reset also don't work.

I have check the link in the 2nd posting, but it does makes sense to me. I have already used WebOSdoctor, but my OS is still 1.3.1.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance
    Kelvin Wong
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    If your goal is to increase the volume of your notification tone, you can use one of many free sound editors to make the tone louder or us a whole different tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Sorry, I am missing something here, I am trying to downgrade my german palm pre from 1.3.1 to original (I think its 1.1.3?). Tried hard reset, don't work. try WebOSdoctor to reset also don't work.

I have check the link in the 2nd posting, but it does makes sense to me. I have already used WebOSdoctor, but my OS is still 1.3.1.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance
    Kelvin Wong
    The Dr. is updated to the current version, so youll have to find someone who has a 1.1.3 Dr that you can run from your computer.

BTW you should download the Dr. every update so you can have a way to go back!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

My goal is to switch back to 1.1.3 so that I can use the classic apps and other apps in the apps store, which is lost in 1.3.1