Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard this and can you please check your battery and post feedback:
    Does the country of origian, Japan vs China, make a difference in Pre Battery Life?

I have horrible battery life-halflife doing minimal things with my Pre. At a full print Store with Repair, the Repair tech, who uses a Pre, looked at my battery and said that I have the "Chinese" made OEM battery and I should try to locate a "Japanese" made OEM battery (he did not have any) as the Japanese OEM Pre Batteries had a much better day to day battery life than the Chinese made ones.

I searched the threads and did not find anything on this. I could not tell if he was just kidding with me, but he was otherwise very helpful on repair matters and authorized a new (I assume refurbished) Pre for spider cracking coming from the volume button area, which he said he had not seen before (early Pre version obtained on party night).

If you have amazing battery life, please post if your Battery has Japanese country of origin wording, etc. etc....

If you have heard this too, please advise. Could it be this simple???

Personally, I think he was just kidding with me... but in case not, please post your experiences with this.

Thanks - Etu
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 09/30/2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling proof
    ETUTREO300
    I would believe it... the Japanese make great batteries.
    There were two different versions of the battery. One battery had a cell originating in Korea, the other originated in Japan. Both were assembled in China.

The Korean originating batteries were the ones that were made incorrectly and among other things, caused the power off when closing the slider. Not a far leap to say that they caused the battery life issues at the beginning.

EDIT: The post is backwards, the Korean batteries are the good ones.
    Last edited by halcyoncmdr; 10/01/2009 at 05:07 AM.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Really don't know but I guess its possible. I can say that it appears that I get better life out of my Centro batteries than the Pre official batteries...go figure
    This is true, Sprint stores have received a bulletin confirming problems with non-Japanese batteries.
    I can testify that I have a Korea-origin battery, and I'm in the poor battery performance group. If I ever get a chance to get it swapped out (or, buy a replacement, whichever), I'll post my results.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Just checked mine, and I also have the Korean battery, and it gives terrible performance. Going to get a Japanese battery and report back too.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Couldn't resist, just checked and battery origin Japan on both Pre's in the house.

I wouldn't say I have amazing battery life, but considering the phone and my usage I have nothing to complain about the battery.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    thats weird I have a korean battery and its not bad for battery life and Ive never had the slider problem
    No im really wondering the difference between the two
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    its the other way around.. the japanese one was the defective one and that the korean one is the new and improved one... you can tell this by lookin at the side of the battery where the conductors are. the old ones have holes on the bottom right and left corners. the new ones dont have the holes. i am a sprint rep and i was told this directly from my palm pre rep during our meeting a few weeks after launch. and FYI there are no more japanese ones anymore guys.. those are old and defective. all you will find now are korean ones if you go to a sprint store

japan origin = defective
    korea origin = new
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    thats weird I have a korean battery and its not bad for battery life and Ive never had the slider problem
    same here.
    Got my phone last week.
    call palm and explain the situation you are having with your battery. They will ship you a new one overnight, as they did for me. I called palm on Friday and I got the new battery on Monday. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy K View Post
    its the other way around.. the japanese one was the defective one and that the korean one is the new and improved one... you can tell this by lookin at the side of the battery where the conductors are. the old ones have holes on the bottom right and left corners. the new ones dont have the holes. i am a sprint rep and i was told this directly from my palm pre rep during our meeting a few weeks after launch. and FYI there are no more japanese ones anymore guys.. those are old and defective. all you will find now are korean ones if you go to a sprint store

japan origin = defective
    korea origin = new
    This is correct, I double checked the information and I had it backwards when I typed it up earlier today into my post. The Korean origin batteries are the correct ones, the Japanese batteries are defective.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Well geez if I can get up to 3% per min drain with my Korean battery I don't know what I'd do if I had a Japanese. I got my Pre on launch day.
    I bought my Pre on launch date and I have a Korean battery. I have had 0 issues with battery life and 0 issues with slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I bought my Pre on launch date and I have a Korean battery. I have had 0 issues with battery life and 0 issues with slider.
    I also got it on launch day. I just checked my battery, also Korean. I've had no problems with my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    call palm and explain the situation you are having with your battery. They will ship you a new one overnight, as they did for me. I called palm on Friday and I got the new battery on Monday. Hope this helps.
    do you have the number you called please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    how can i get a new battery ... is there anything official that states that the japanese battery is defective...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    I don't know which battery I have. I have good battery life tho. I've never taken the cover off because I read about some of the problems others had after removing the battery cover.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    The rep at palm is swapping my battery today.

If you have a battery with the S/N that starts with the letter "D" - that battery is from Korea and is supposed to be superior to batteries that begin with the letter "A". The "A" batteries are made in Japan.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast