Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul View Post
    3 types of batteries are around for the pre:

Chinese= short battery life.

Japanese= good stand by and use but the size is wrong and when u open or close the phone the phone will power cycle (can be fix with piece of double size tape)

Korean = Good life and no problem with the size reset effect
    wrong, i have a korean battery from launch and it does have the reset problem
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I had an "A" type and exchanged it because of poor battery life. Now I have another "A" type and battery life is MUCH better.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    I had an "A" type and exchanged it because of poor battery life. Now I have another "A" type and battery life is MUCH better.
    Can you describe your battery life with your first A type battery? I have an A type now, but I don't think I have poor battery life. But I have nothing to compare to.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    With WIFI off, GPS off, BT off, 3G on, mail every 30 minutes, I had >5% drain per hour. Now I have about 3-4% drain.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    got my pre on launch battery says made in china orgin japan dunno what that means but my battery has been pretty good
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    With WIFI off, GPS off, BT off, 3G on, mail every 30 minutes, I had >5% drain per hour. Now I have about 3-4% drain.
    I guess you used the BatteryMonitor app?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yep.
    hmm I get like 1% drain over 2-3 hours with Wifi on, GPS on, 3G on, full reception, mail on push, mail open, calendar open, messaging open/logged in (but only received 1 msg during that time). Also my screen is like half way dimmed.

Just me with a lucky battery? I don't browse the web a lot (or rather I don't have time) and I ordered a seidio battery as well (seidio 2600 isn't here yet though).

A big factor is basically where I keep my phone. If its in my pant pocket it gets all warm and I lose 50% in 5 hours. If I keep it in my jacket pocket it's cool and loses like 1-2 % every 2 hrs.
    damn that's real good I have everything off n txt a lot n drain way more...what kinds battery? Phone warranty date?
    Yeah I barely text since I'm near a computer a lot. Some may say "hey kaitou, why don't you just get a touchstone then?"

Well the answer to that question is I'd rather spend the 70 bucks on an extended battery because I won't have to charge it and it's portable when I'm not near a desk/outlet/computer/car.

Warranty Date: 8/2009
    Cell Origin: Korea, Made in China.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    mine says made in china, cell origin: japan

battery life is pretty poor; should I try to get it replaced?
    all radios off screen brightness at almost totally low, no cards open no calls, just a few text, all email set to manual....i DONT understand this yet there are maybe a hand full of users getting amazing battery life with full brightness auto checking email wifi on gps on....tons of calls n text....id do anything to get one of those phones....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    all radios off screen brightness at almost totally low, no cards open no calls, just a few text, all email set to manual....i DONT understand this yet there are maybe a hand full of users getting amazing battery life with full brightness auto checking email wifi on gps on....tons of calls n text....id do anything to get one of those phones....
    Maybe better get a Mugen 1400 battery. Also, strength of signal makes a HUGE difference. A new phone would not help here.
    I got my first pre in beginning of July and returned it after a few weeks because of terrible battery life (I don't know what battery it was, but it drained at 10% an hour just sitting idle). My 2nd and current pre has a Japanese battery, and the battery is way better than my first one. I have wifi on since I've bad signal in my house (up and down and up and down) but I can easily go a whole day with my phone with medium usage. I can end the day with probably over 85% on no usage.

So I currently have a japanese battery, no slider shutoff issues, it's way better than my old ****ty battery. I think my current battery is NOT defective (it sounds way better than some current battery horror stories I'm hearing). Should I still call sprint and ask for a korean battery? Or are not all Japanese ones defective?
    just to add my experience: launch-day pre with a "Cell Origin Japan" battery that had gotten worse and worse to the point of 25% per hour drain with no use. I called Sprint and they asked "do you have a Korean or a Japanese battery?" I didn't know at the time, so they sent me a new (korean) one to swap out. (Along with a refurb phone) Well, after two days of charging and use on my original phone, I now have 3% to 4% per hour drain, even with moderate use.

I'm planning on sending the refurb phone and the old battery back and keeping my original pre just because i won't have to do all the transferring. Maybe that's a mistake, as I'd be better to move to a "new" refurb phone? I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    What transferring would you have to do? Most your stuff.. Contacts, calendar, etc should be in the cloud.. Palm or google profile which will get downloaded to your new phone. Will just have to redownload apps. Unless I'm missing something, haven't had to do it yet.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    What transferring would you have to do? Most your stuff.. Contacts, calendar, etc should be in the cloud.. Palm or google profile which will get downloaded to your new phone. Will just have to redownload apps. Unless I'm missing something, haven't had to do it yet.
    sms, call history
    I have a koren battery. And it sucks
    I haven't bought mine yet. Does anyone know if the Pixi faces these same battery issues?
    about my comment on "transferring": I guess the biggest pain is having to apply PhantomSkinz shield to the refurb phone sent by sprint. Transferring several gig of music takes a fair amount of time via drag and drop. And it does take some time, although not that much, to reload various homebrew aps and patches using preware. Google and the cloud will definitely take care of contacts and calendar...but i also figure that, now that i can clearly see that all of my battery problems were from the defective battery and the pre itself is fine, why take chances with another phone. Neither the refurb they sent nor my original phone have any oreo problems.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast