1.    #1  
    Hey,

When I'm in my apt sometimes I notice that text messages are not going through, my signal is kinda low in my apt (cell signal that is.) If I turn on Wi-Fi, will that carry/receive my text messages if the cell signal is not strong enough? I would assume it would, as it works that way on BlackBerry's and iPhones.

Thanks.
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    I don't think it will. As far as I know text messages go over cell lines only. But I could be wrong (it has happened before).
    No. The SMS is over the cellular radio. The Wifi has its own "radio". You should try the roam only hack when the new webos quick install comes out. I have the same problem. roam on a vrz tower and use wifi for your data!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $text$ $messages$ $use$ $voice$ $channels$, $actually$ $a$ $control$/$signaling$ $channel$ $on$ $the$ $voice$ $side$, $so$, $no$, $wifi$ $should$ $not$ $support$ $it$, $even$ $for$ $a$ $bb$ $or$ $iP$
  5.    #5  
    It definitely does work with BB and iPhone (I've had both phones) and used it all the time. In fact I would turn off my mobile network completely on the BB to test it and it worked fine. That's weird that the PALM does not. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    It definitely does work with BB and iPhone (I've had both phones) and used it all the time. In fact I would turn off my mobile network completely on the BB to test it and it worked fine. That's weird that the PALM does not. Oh well.
    I think that has more to do how the cell service network is setup, not how the palm does it necessarily. I know T-mobile can make calls over wifi.

I might complain to sprint and get an airave.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I had T-Mobile, they are all about Wi-Fi.