Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my phone yesterday and I'm noticing that sometimes when I close the slider it turns my phone off (as in it shuts it down) and I have to turn the phone back on and wait FOREVER for it to boot back up. Is this normal? Also the screen kinda goes all crazy with colors all over the place before it shuts down (all of this happen in about 1 second.)
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
  2.    #3  
    After rebooting my phone, I got a text, replied to it and shut the slider...phone turned off again! ***?
  3.    #4  
    That link is dead.
  4.    #5  
    Wow ur kidding, the battery is causing this from the slider? LOL ok thanks for the info man.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I just did the folded paper trick and all seems to be okay with my phone after having this happen to me. If I wasn't so lazy I'd drive over to the Sprint store to get a new battery. Oh well.
    FOlded paper/business card works in the interm while you wait for your new battery.
    FOlded paper/business card works in the interm while you wait for your new battery.
  8.    #9  
    Folded paper? Please explain.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Folded paper? Please explain.
    Some of the batteries were just a touch too small. So when you snap the slider, it loses connection. If you fold a little piece of paper and put it between the pre and the battery, to push it harder against the contacts, that should solve your problem.

for more info, enter "When I close the slider sometimes it turns off my phone!" in the search bar. This is on here 3-4 times a day.

Search is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Search is your friend.
    This forum has a vast amount of valuable and helpful info which can basically help with any situation. By searching you may be able to obtain an answer quicker than posting a new post.

BTW check this link out http://www.precentral.net/palm-tweak...better-quality
  11.    #12  
    Well geeze I just got my phone yesterday, why doesn't it already have this "foam" fix in it? How can I find out the build date of my phone, is there a way? They should have done this on the inside of the battery door to begin with, any phone I've ever had already this in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Well geeze I just got my phone yesterday, why doesn't it already have this "foam" fix in it? How can I find out the build date of my phone, is there a way? They should have done this on the inside of the battery door to begin with, any phone I've ever had already this in place.
    ##786# or just simply click on device info on last page and see what it says
  13.    #14  
    I looked at device info, it didn't give me any build date. I'll try the other after my OS upgrade finishes installing.
    would not worry about the build date too much. You could goto Walmart or any hardware store and buy a small thing of self adhesive weather strip/padding to create a small cushion for the phone. Its roughly 1mm thick if its too thick you may not be able to fit the battery in.
  15.    #16  
    Warranty datecode says 7/2/09-strange that the store would have phones in stock from way back then.
    does it have a recon date or status?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Think the paper trick would work to get my Touchstone working again?
    If you would like to donate for my time and programs for developing Apps, use the Link Below. As Always, Thank You!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=8599279
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatteau View Post
    Think the paper trick would work to get my Touchstone working again?
    I would not personally use the paper. I would buy some self adhesive foam/padding. Not sure if it will fix touchstone or not but maybe. Whats the issue?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I would not personally use the paper. I would buy some self adhesive foam/padding. Not sure if it will fix touchstone or not but maybe. Whats the issue?
    I think it is a bad connection between the pre and touchstone. I pulled the contacts out a little bit and my phone actually charged for about 30 minutes, then stopped again. USB works fine, but the touchstone doesn't do a thing, no sound, no charge, no nothing. And forget about returning it, the third party Sprint store I bought it from has been less than accomadating.

I am going to try the paper trick, if it works, I will get a piece of foam.

Thanks.
    If you would like to donate for my time and programs for developing Apps, use the Link Below. As Always, Thank You!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=8599279
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast