Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts

I almost *never* use this feature. Do you?
    I use it only when i'm in an app.

(ps...i'm impressed you were able to take a screenshot while doing this haha)
    Yes I use it all the time.
    I use it since I keep cards full screen and switch with advance gestures. Plus it's cool.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I hardly ever use it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I love to show it to people
    don't use it, I even feel like it gets in the way sometimes. Perhaps I'll learn to love it eventually
    I think in its current iteration the wave dock is quite limited. Palm needs to open the possibilities with this to make it more powerful. For example, the obvious is being able to add more than 4 apps and also being able to remove the launcher. Other options include ability to add widgets etc to the wave dock that could "overlay" the current card. An example of such a ovelay widget could be a simple start-like app which I think would be useful once the number of apps become large...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use it, but it's not as easy to use as the traditional 4 app buttons it replaces. It takes some coordination which sort of defeats the purpose.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I always forget about the feature, so don't use it.
    If you would like to donate for my time and programs for developing Apps, use the Link Below. As Always, Thank You!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=8599279
    I never do, I forget its there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatteau View Post
    Ditto.
    Never used it but its cool to show this off to friends. Guess it could help while n web browser or other apps.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I forgot about it honestly, but after reading this, tried to use it. Can't even get it to work!
    It would be much cooler if you could lock it into different positions. Like in a rainbow position towards the middle of the screen or in a big circle. It wouldn't be very practical...but just to change things up.
    Ditto-ditto

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I use it whenever I think about it, and I think about it whenever I think about the phone, or how I would describe the phone to others. That thought process happens to occur fairly often, so I use it all the time. Do I ever NEED to use it? Not at all. It's just cool to do. Whenever I use my iPod touch it's actually the thing I miss the most oddly enough. It feels so natural I feel like it should be part of every touch screen-based OS.
    I've trained myself to use it. Not a "must have" feature, but once you get used to it, it's usable. I agree that it would be better if Palm allowed the launcher shortcut to be replaced.

To use this, start in black gesture area, and slide up.
    It looks cool, but I never use it.
    I used to forget about it too, but once I trained myself to use it... it's become one of my favorite features.

I change the items on the weekend, when I use SMS and Camera more often.

During the week, e-mail and calendar get priority.

One of the best features on the Pre.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast