Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    sorry but how do you accomplish this wave dock?
    The wave bar is really just a way to get to the quick launch bar without having to first go into car view.

From the launcher, card view or in any app: Slide up from the gesture area. After sliding up keep your finger on the screen. The wave will "slide" up. Slide your finger left or right to select an icon on the wave bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I use it since I keep cards full screen and switch with advance gestures. Plus it's cool.
    hmm...advanced gestures...never used that ....what does this actually do for you that is important.

As for the fullscreen card idea...i just tried that and is somewhat useful...I usually just hit the center button then hit the launcher...but this is much more intuitive. THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    hmm...advanced gestures...never used that ....what does this actually do for you that is important.

As for the fullscreen card idea...i just tried that and is somewhat useful...I usually just hit the center button then hit the launcher...but this is much more intuitive. THANKS!
    Oops! sorry for the double post.

IMHO I think the button is useless. I have a launch day pre and have used it maybe 3 times. Never remember it's there. Think it's kind of ugly (in particular when it lights up). Think the phone would be all the better looking without it. I'm really glad they decided to eliminate it from the Pixie. Here's to hoping it's gone from "Pre 2".
    I never used it in the beginning, now I use it all the time. I'd like it better if it had an "auto-hide" option, so it didn't appear unless you swiped up. I like a less-cluttered screen.

Advanced gestures is great. As the other poster said, you can keep cards full screen and switch between them in a flash. Last night I was writing an email but had to keep referring to two docs I had open in separate Doc View windows. It was really amazing to just swipe between screens . . . . really useful, and the best way to use WebOS multitasking IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by b33j View Post
    I would like to be able to put different apps in the wave bar, then I would be more likely to use it. It's just to easy to do a quick swipe to into card view and have my four most frequent apps pop up.
    But you can!

All you do is drag whatever icon you don't want on there onto a launcher page, and then drag whatever one you do want on there from a launcher page . . . basically the same way you move stuff between launcher pages.

Shorter version: You can have any icons on the Wave that you want, with the exception of the Launcher icon, which appears to be static.
    I use it from time-to-time, but would use it much more if:

- I could dump the launcher icon and replace it with another shortcut (I sweep up to get to the launcher)
    - If I could add more than five items total to the doc

Frankly, I would also prefer if the doc always stayed hidden unless I did the wave gesture...and if I could have the apps on the doc also show up in the launcher...or at least have the doc disappear when I have the launcher up...since it gets in the way...but I'll admit, that preference may be fairly unique.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    Only time I've used it is when I'm showing it off, lol. Aside from that...I've never used it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    It is a nice show off tool
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    But you can!

All you do is drag whatever icon you don't want on there onto a launcher page, and then drag whatever one you do want on there from a launcher page . . . basically the same way you move stuff between launcher pages.

Shorter version: You can have any icons on the Wave that you want, with the exception of the Launcher icon, which appears to be static.
    TRUE AND FALSE

You can have any icon you want by changing them out except the launcher, BUT you can only have 5 icons total. ugh...
    Yes, I use it every day. If I'm in an app and want to get to the launcher/one of my favicons. I want the ability to take the lauuncher arrow off the home screen launcher and keep it on the wave. <3 the wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I use the wave every day. It is much faster to use the wave then to go to the launcher. I've put my most used apps in the wave.
    It would be cool if they had a setting to hide the icons until you do the gesture as the wave currently is. This way you would have a full screen without the icons. It would be neat if they could let you hide it if you want and let it be if you want. If you hide it you could use the gesture upward and it would appear and then pick the icon of choice. Those that think this is a bad idea could set it to remain as is...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I use it a few times a day. Also use advanced gestures for switching.

+1 on hiding. Everybody should suggest it here -

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Never use it. And while we're on the topic, I find that I never use the center button either. I think the gesture area works great, but was not well thought out.
    I use it a lot.

I am a heavy texter with frequent mms.
    While in fullscreen I think it is easier just to swipe up to launch my camera or net or anything else.

Not a necessity but I do use it more then not.
    Interesting. I always leave my apps full screen and change with advanced gestures and just yesterday was thinking it's a little bit of a PITA to have to minimize the current app to bring up the launcher when I need it. Totally forgot about the wave dock!

Thanks for reminding me.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    never use it. Also dont like leaving apps open full screen, too much clutter. Most of my most used apps are on the page that the launcher is set to open on, so hitting the card view button and then accessing the launcher doesnt seem like its noticeably slower. But everybody has their own preference.

With advanced gestures, you can switch apps with one swipe. Otherwise, you minimize to card view, swipe to other card, then maximize. One step vs. three.

In full screen mode, you can call up the launcher or other apps in the launch bar using the wave bar.

I've gotten very used to this but i still also minimize cards from time to time to see what i have running.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast