1.    #1  
    So my phone started acting all weird and not running right, so i ran WebOS Doctor on it and at some point my USB cable came unplugged before it was done and only was Partially done. It's missing a lot of the installed programs (i.e. Sprint Navigation). When i tried connecting it back up and running WebOS Doctor again, it does it system check and then asks me to connect my Pre directly to the computer using the USB cable. IT IS CONNECTED and set to charge only. What is going on?!?!
    Try plugging in you phone to the USB cable with the battery out and holding the volume button up. You should get a battery with a question mark. Then while still holding the volume button up put the battery in and you then should see a USB symbol. This should allow you to connect to WebOs Doc.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juniorkirk View Post
    So my phone started acting all weird and not running right, so i ran WebOS Doctor on it and at some point my USB cable came unplugged before it was done and only was Partially done. It's missing a lot of the installed programs (i.e. Sprint Navigation). When i tried connecting it back up and running WebOS Doctor again, it does it system check and then asks me to connect my Pre directly to the computer using the USB cable. IT IS CONNECTED and set to charge only. What is going on?!?!
    It will also work if you put it in Dev mode and then plug it in.
    also webos dr will not go unless you have 70 or 80% battery life. Could be waiting till you have that...Thats happened to me before as well...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #5  
    ok, i just turned on the developer mode and it's restarting, so i'll try that first, and my battery was a little low the first time i tried and its at 82% now, so i'll try again after it restarts.
  6.    #6  
    Turning developer mode on did the trick. Thank you so much for the help, Sprint Tech Support and the Palm website couldn't even get me anywhere. For now on, i'm coming here for help.
    for future reference, you don't have to remove your battery before booting uo with the up volume button pressed. The special boot screen works fine with the battery in. Just turn off your phone and then hold the up volume button as you press the power button to turn on the pre.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-restore.html

I had a similar problem. It has nothing to do actually with being in Dev mode. It all depends on when you plug in the Pre to the computer so webos doctor can install the novacom drivers. You have to wait until spefically ASKED by webos doctor to plug in the pre before it will work, otherwise it will hang...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by slikone27 View Post
    It will also work if you put it in Dev mode and then plug it in.

Thanks. Putting the phone in Dev mode helped. I was stuck on this screen as well.