Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure about actual battery life during heavy usage, but today after a short session of web browsing, a bunch of texts, and no calls... 10 hours later I'm still hovering 67%.

If I were to assume that I didn't use the phone at all, that would still give me about 3% battery draw per hour on standby, which seems to be quite a bit better than on 1.1.

I'm also in a poor coverage area, usually with 0-1 bars (ie I DO drop calls in this area).

Is this normal for you guys/gals, better, or worse? And is your own battery performance different than on 1.1?
    im with you .. im having the same issue with the batery since 1.2 ... now the battery is draining fast !...
    For me it has been better since it doesn't look for new e-mails automatically anymore
    I was actually coming online to post about this, glad there is already a thread! Heres my battery monitor for today:

Meaning over 21 hours of standby. I used it about as much as the OP today, and before 1.2, I definitely wasn't able to go that long before it needed to be charged.I only plugged it in for a little while to tether.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im with you .. im having the same issue with the batery since 1.2 ... now the battery is draining fast !...
    Actually I'm saying that my battery life has been better after 1.2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I was actually coming online to post about this, glad there is already a thread! Heres my battery monitor for today:

Meaning over 21 hours of standby. I used it about as much as the OP today, and before 1.2, I definitely wasn't able to go that long before it needed to be charged.I only plugged it in for a little while to tether.
    Thanks for the evidence!

Yeah by my (rough) calculations, I could theoretically get 33 hours of standby, and in a low signal area, that's definitely better than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Thanks for the evidence!

Yeah by my (rough) calculations, I could theoretically get 33 hours of standby, and in a low signal area, that's definitely better than before.
    Do you turn off GPS and all that? I don't even bother, this is my phone, strictly on EVDO(though I always have 4-5 bars, thanks DFW!), with every battery saving tip completely disregarded
    My pre was at 100% when I walked to school today and after about 15-20 minutes of listening to music my battery was surprisingly still at 100%. I put it away at about 7:45 and when I picked it back up at 2:45 it was at 91%! Compared to before 1.2 this is outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post

I don't know if the battery is any better yet, but wow, thanks for posting that screenshot. I'd have never tried that app if I didn't see that.
    i noticed the same thing! :-) the battery life is way better! i do have the data OFF though. if sometimes i need to look up something online i just turn it on (doesnt take long) and then off (i use txt messaging mostly, and those work regardless of data - just so lone there is phone signal).

ths morning i noticed my battery hovered at 100% for about 3 hours, and after an hour of continuous talk (in a weak signal area) it was down to 83% wow thats a huge improvement over 1.1! :-D
    My battery life has at least tripled since installing 1.2.... Of course I also just happened to get my Seidio extended life battery on the same day...
    i turn off my aim and my location services lets see how my battery is draining since now!
    I noticed that too. I have always switch batteries during the day not having backup power. Right now I am at 34% on first battery at 11:00pm est.
    speaking of GPS (and i know im off topic here)...

today was the first time i needed to use gps so i turned it on, entered my name (dont remember having to do that in the past?), etc. and after i was done i went into the Location services option and... omg! the only option there was to turn auto locate on and off! and no on/off for gps! is this something thats supposed to be ths way in 1.2, or is it just me? after that however, the phone did become cool soon after and again the battery hovered just as well on standby.

im just wandering about the "missing" gps on/off...

ty all...
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post

today was the first time i needed to use gps so i turned it on, entered my name (dont remember having to do that in the past?), etc. and after i was done i went into the Location services option and... omg! the only option there was to turn auto locate on and off! and no on/off for gps! is this something thats supposed to be ths way in 1.2, or is it just me? after that however, the phone did become cool soon after and again the battery hovered just as well on standby.

ty all...
    there are already a few threads on it, I'm on my phone right now otherwise I'd link you.
    ty, it was just a spur of the moment thing... so i guess im not the only one with that

thanx.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    I'm not sure about actual battery life during heavy usage, but today after a short session of web browsing, a bunch of texts, and no calls... 10 hours later I'm still hovering 67%.

If I were to assume that I didn't use the phone at all, that would still give me about 3% battery draw per hour on standby, which seems to be quite a bit better than on 1.1.

I'm also in a poor coverage area, usually with 0-1 bars (ie I DO drop calls in this area).

Is this normal for you guys/gals, better, or worse? And is your own battery performance different than on 1.1?
    No change.
    i notice a huge huge less drain in standby. using phone is only a tad bit better but standy is about 45 percent improvement. Took off charger at 9am
    at 11:30 was still at 100. at 10pm tonight, 78 percent. after few phone calls and checking emails. i am sold. have i told you i love my pre

The timer restarts after 24 hours.

This was before 1.2, i'll try again tomorrow and compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post

ty all...
    The GPS option has moved. Once in the location services menu, look in the upper left corner for preferences. You will see the options as "Locate Me Using"
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast