Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    To all the dev's out there thank you for your time. I was impressed with the simply bible app; however I don't read the KJV of the bible and was wondering if an app could be created that was feed from biblegateway.com?

I have begun reading the New American Standard Bible New American Standard Bible (NASB) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com
    and they have a mobile site and everything is fine, but to have it turned into an app would be nice.

IMHO having a choice of what bible you'd like to read would be nice. The site give's you the book's but it would be nice to be able to just to different chapters within that book and even better if you could click a link/button that lead you to another part of the app that would further break down the passage you just read like a study bible does.

I would be very greatful for such an app. Thank you again for your time oh Enlightened Coder Gods of Web OS!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Follow the cookie crumbs to the Simply Bible website and poke around a bit. They have a way to change the versions that the app uses.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I use the BibleGateway reading plan on the mobile site to do my daily reading. Here's a link for the reading plan using New American Standard Bible. There are other versions too.

BibleGateway Reading Plans
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    I use the BibleGateway reading plan on the mobile site to do my daily reading. Here's a link for the reading plan using New American Standard Bible. There are other versions too.

[url= Reading Plans[/url]
    Thanks for the link, I too use it and that's why I started this thead. Simply bible is on the right track, but wanted more the KJV.
  5. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    KJV is the only available version right now.....

from their website

Translations Information

The following will be avliabe with the next version of Simple Bible:

NET New English Translation

Frequently requested copyrighted translations that likely cannot be included with a free application. We plan to find a way to charge in the future to accomodate these translations.

NIV New International Version
    NKJV New King James Version
    NLT New Living Translation

Other translations which we would like to add to Simple Bible:

ASV American Standard Version
    BBE Bible in Basic English
    ESV English Standard Version
    ISV International Standard Version
    MKJV Modern King James Version
    WEB World English Bible
    RV Spanish Reina-Valera
    NBLH Spanish Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy
    BA Spanish La Biblia de las Americas
    I am hoping laridian comes through like they did with the palm os. Great Bible programs. I like the Message version.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I didn't see the NASB (New American Standard Bible).... I want a bible that's 100 % accurate. The other books are not when compared to the KJV or the NASB. If your gonna do something do it all the way. Imagine the word of GOD a road map, now imagine using a book like the NIV (90% accurate) or the NLT (60% accurate) how are to reach him when we don't now how to get there all the way. Not to mention as christians, we're to beware of false teachings.... Please include the NASB in a future addition of Simply Bible.

Thank you.
    olivetree.com has a bibles, but you need to run classic to use them. Hopefully they will come up with a pre version. I think once ereader is on pre, there will be lots of choices. I found the weymouth new testment for free on line once, and used it with the reader on my treo 755
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.