Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my pre when it first came out then I downloaded the pimpmypre so I could change my text notification. I liked it. I just got a new pre. The other one was working great. I just had a very minor issue. When I transferred everything over, the pimpmypre application didn't go over. When I went to pimpmypre to get it again so I could download it the link wasn't there anymore.

I am up to date on version 1.2. My only issue is how to get my old text notification back. Does anyone know where I can go so I can change my text notification? Please help.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone know where I can change my text ringtone? Does anyone know anything that can help?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    you have two options either download my notifications which allows you to manually change the sounds for all sms and notifications or the simple way of txt manager which assigns ringtones to each contact and unknown contacts as to differentiate between the two. I personally say use the pimpmypre download the ringtones then add them using the standard way, afterwards get the homebrew applications i just mentioned and hook ya phone up with some custom ringtones
    The topic name doesn't match what you're requesting.
    Follow Me On

6.    #6  
    Thanks but when I went to pimpmypre to get the link to download it wasn't a good link anymore. Does anyone have another link or is pimpmypre link just not a usable link anymore?

And where is txt manager where I can change the text notification and my notifications?
    have you checked out filecoaster which puts the pre central homebrew app catalog on ur pre where you can get all kinds of coll homebrew goodies such as my-notification and txt-manager?
  8.    #8  
    Thanks acidbeaver. Can I download it straight from my pre?
    you will need to sideload file coaster using webos quick install although only 2.03 works on webos 1.2 from what ive been told and then you can download stuff through filecoaster on ur pre. you can find 2.03 here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html just make sure you follow the directions
  10.    #10  
    Ok, so if I don't use wbos quick install I would just have to download filecoaster on my computer and then transfer it over on my pre? Is that correct?
    no that wont work. webos quick install is the easiest way to install an app outside of using the filecoaster app already on ur pre.
  12.    #12  
    So I have to download filecoaster first and then webos? Are you saying filecoaster is an app? I didn't see that when I typed it in. I'm a little confused. Sorry.
    webos qi is a program for your computer that allows you to install apps from your computer and lets you do little neat tweaks although i do not believe the tweak part works with the new update. follow the instructions for running webos provided here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html the download filecoaster from here http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filecoaster when you open webos qi click the plus sign and locate the filecoaster file on your computer and open it then click install. filecoaster will then show up on your pre as an app open it and from select homebrew list. From there it is very much like the palm app store.
    I'm not sure where you searched for pimpmypre, but I googled and found the website in about 5 seconds:

Pimp My Pre

Filecoaster is an app that allows you to install homebrew apps directly on your phone. However, you must use a desktop app such as WebOS Quick Install or Preload to install filecoaster on your phone.

While Quick Install is not currently useful for tweaks (after 1.2 update), you can still use it to install apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    webos qi is a program for your computer that allows you to install apps from your computer and lets you do little neat tweaks although i do not believe the tweak part works with the new update. follow the instructions for running webos provided here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html the download filecoaster from here http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filecoaster when you open webos qi click the plus sign and locate the filecoaster file on your computer and open it then click install. filecoaster will then show up on your pre as an app open it and from select homebrew list. From there it is very much like the palm app store.
    Sorry acidbeaver, you beat me to it.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks a lot. Just one question. After I install webos qi and then filecoaster on my computer how does it show up on my pre? Do I have to transfer it or does it automatically do it? How does it know which pre to send it to?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm not sure where you searched for pimpmypre, but I googled and found the website in about 5 seconds:

Pimp My Pre

Filecoaster is an app that allows you to install homebrew apps directly on your phone. However, you must use a desktop app such as WebOS Quick Install or Preload to install filecoaster on your phone.

While Quick Install is not currently useful for tweaks (after 1.2 update), you can still use it to install apps.
    I went to that page but the link didn't work. That's why I can't put my ringtones back on my new pre. Is there a link that I missed that does work?
    it shows up as an app right next to all the others just follow the earler directions and and the ones on the fourm post and you should be fine and it will install to the pre connected to your computer not sure how it would work if you had two. just remember to put it in dev mode and dont put it in usb or media sync mode
  19.    #19  
    Ok, I'll try that when I get back home. I think it is more clear. So after I install webos qi I will install filecoaster and then add it to my webos qi and then I will plug my pre into my computer and then transfer it through my usb or media sync and then it will show up as an app on my pre right?
    no you need to select just charge or nothing at all just follow the instructions on the fourms post where the webos qi dl is and you shouldnt have any problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast