Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Some background I live in NY and go everywhere by the subway but Im also a news addict so I line up usually 6 or 7 news stories from home then read them all one after the other on the way in.

Now since the "update" everytime I dismiss a card and go to a new already opened and saved story I've lovingly pre arranged. The device tells me it cant find an internet connection (which it always did) then l LOSE MY ARTICLE. It doesnt dismiss the card it just turns it into a blank card.

Now before whenever I didnt have an internet connection it would just leave the issue as is and I'd atleast be able to read my story. This screws me up because naturally at work I have no time for such pursuits and at home Im too busy drinking to read.

Has anyone else had a similar browser issue or even better know of a solution.
    That's not good. I don't have a solution for you, but perhaps something to try--maybe put the Pre in airplane mode after you get it all set up? Then maybe it wouldn't try to look for an internet connection and start the page reload. Just a thought, don't know if it would work or not.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    excellent suggestion. I will do this on the way home and will let you know tomorrow if this worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by postpre View Post
    Some background I live in NY and go everywhere by the subway but Im also a news addict so I line up usually 6 or 7 news stories from home then read them all one after the other on the way in.

Now since the "update" everytime I dismiss a card and go to a new already opened and saved story I've lovingly pre arranged. The device tells me it cant find an internet connection (which it always did) then l LOSE MY ARTICLE. It doesnt dismiss the card it just turns it into a blank card.

Now before whenever I didnt have an internet connection it would just leave the issue as is and I'd atleast be able to read my story. This screws me up because naturally at work I have no time for such pursuits and at home Im too busy drinking to read.

have you been drinking more since the update?
    I personally and waiting for an app just like the old Avantgo which downloaded the news articles.

So far, no one seems to have taken up challenge of doing an app like that.

However, Avantgo had servers to reformat and deliver the news, we need something that is stand alone and would not require a server.

Not sure if copywrite restrictions would apply, ok getting in too deep.

But that's what we need and want!

Rob

PS Someone put out an app called Feeds, but that does not get the actual articles. I personally recommend DrPodder for Podcasts of a tons of stuff that can be downloaded and listen or watched.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Never used Avantgo, not a big poddie myself. Most of my phone media usage is on the train, and only text, and from years in the streets I never ever have headphones on, I have too many enemies.

Trying not to get stabbed this week.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    have you been drinking more since the update?
    No but it starts thursday and doesnt end till the drunk tank.
    If you are using Google Reader, you can always use the homebrew app "Feeds" to download your articles and read them offline.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo

Dude, I've brought this up as well. I do pretty much the same thing, but now when switching between cards, it automatically refreshes the page. That's a pain when you do have data, but if you don't have data, you basically lose the page.
    I put this in another thread, but also, when you are scrolling on the screen, the diagonal scrolling is WAY to sensitive, and makes the screen jerk side to side far too often. Also, the checkerboard is much more prevalent than in the last update.
    I've been told that for bringing this and other issues up that I want a perfect phone and should stop complaining and be patient. So my question is, when is it ok for me to complain and start holding Palm accountable for their subpar updates and their lack of releasing functionality in the phone, ie video recording, add/delete launcher pages, WITHOUT the patch, etc etc? I would like to know so I don't offend anyone else, so if you know the time when I can start being upset, please let me know. Thanks all.

Interesting!!! Airplane mode will work as ling as all the pages you set up are fully loaded and airplane mode is set b4 heading out.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Dude, I've brought this up as well. I do pretty much the same thing, but now when switching between cards, it automatically refreshes the page. That's a pain when you do have data, but if you don't have data, you basically lose the page.
    I put this in another thread, but also, when you are scrolling on the screen, the diagonal scrolling is WAY to sensitive, and makes the screen jerk side to side far too often. Also, the checkerboard is much more prevalent than in the last update.
    I've been told that for bringing this and other issues up that I want a perfect phone and should stop complaining and be patient. So my question is, when is it ok for me to complain and start holding Palm accountable for their subpar updates and their lack of releasing functionality in the phone, ie video recording, add/delete launcher pages, WITHOUT the patch, etc etc? I would like to know so I don't offend anyone else, so if you know the time when I can start being upset, please let me know. Thanks all.
    +1000 Thanx for joining my cause.
    No but it starts thursday and doesnt end till the drunk tank.
    I grew up in nyc and just moved down here to atl 2 yrs ago.
    Yeah i wish it didnt reload like that all the time, ****es me off to
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    +1000 Thanx for joining my cause.
    Absolutely. I am getting increasingly impatient with Palm and their updates. While many of the updates do improve the phone, they are not addressing a lot of the concerns pre owners have about the phone's functionality, expecially when it comes to consumer wants like video recording, decent media players, etc. The lack of apps I can deal with, since I know it takes time to put together a viable app catalog. However, there really is no excuse in my mind to cripple the phone by commenting out features that are beneficial to many users, such as adding or deleting launcher pages, changing dialer themes, replacing the tones with haptic feedback, landscape email, etc, etc, etc. Overall I love WebOS, and the phone, although the build quality is very questionable, is good looking and well laid out. But really, if homebrew can release this functionality, why is Palm holding back?
    And the browser really does drive me nuts.
    It's an abomination and THE MAJOR reason why the world is upside down and inside out.

Palm should be strung up, it's toes cut off, and allowed to bleed to death.

Don't blame me...I am only the messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    It's an abomination and THE MAJOR reason why the world is upside down and inside out.

Palm should be strung up, it's toes cut off, and allowed to bleed to death.

Don't blame me...I am only the messenger.
    =) +1
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Absolutely. I am getting increasingly impatient with Palm and their updates. While many of the updates do improve the phone, they are not addressing a lot of the concerns pre owners have about the phone's functionality, expecially when it comes to consumer wants like video recording, decent media players, etc. The lack of apps I can deal with, since I know it takes time to put together a viable app catalog. However, there really is no excuse in my mind to cripple the phone by commenting out features that are beneficial to many users, such as adding or deleting launcher pages, changing dialer themes, replacing the tones with haptic feedback, landscape email, etc, etc, etc. Overall I love WebOS, and the phone, although the build quality is very questionable, is good looking and well laid out. But really, if homebrew can release this functionality, why is Palm holding back?
    Its people like you who make our phones better nothing is ever achieved by sitting and waiting patiently because we love what we have and it only needs a few improvements. Look at the iphone users who sat and waited for picture messaging while rooted Iphones had it from the beginning.

Its the few people who gnash teeth and send palm a million emails who get functionality improvements at light speed. I got this phone because of multi-tasking If i cant multi-task why dont i get the android Hero or Cliq???
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Interesting!!! Airplane mode will work as ling as all the pages you set up are fully loaded and airplane mode is set b4 heading out.
    Sad to say Airplane mode didnt work for me eventhough my pages were fully loaded. this is extremely upsetting. why should i have to get a program (homebrew or otherwise) that does what my phone used to be able to do before the update?
    Its people like you who make our phones better nothing is ever achieved by sitting and waiting patiently because we love what we have and it only needs a few improvements. Look at the iphone users who sat and waited for picture messaging while rooted Iphones had it from the beginning.

Its the few people who gnash teeth and send palm a million emails who get functionality improvements at light speed. I got this phone because of multi-tasking If i cant multi-task why dont i get the android Hero or Cliq???
    I agree. If consumers did not have an impact on a product, WebOS would not be here. Although it could be improved upon, we would still be stuck with PalmOS. People did have an impact on Palm. They left. Palm was on the brink and the only way they could come back was to revamp their entire OS from the ground up. And look at the result. People came back because they were excited. But if we just sit here and accept what they're giving us, or rather, what they are not giving us, then there is no reason for them to improve.