1.    #1  
    I saw a couple of post about two updates. I rec'd the 70mb but the app catalog is still beta. Will there be an update for it on friday?
    I spoke with a Palm rep on the phone on Monday who wouldn't deny a second update this week, or paid apps by tomorrow... we shall see.
  3.    #3  
    so I assume your in beta too? I guess that's good in away that means there will be another update on the horizon.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    the beta aspect might be handled on Palm's end
    Who knows at this point... A lot of this is just me hoping that the App Catalog is expanded.
    Funny how the leaked version had a version of the App Cat that was out of beta. I guess that server melt down Palm had was just another clue that they need to add capacity. Oh well...we'll see. My phone is way faster now, so I am content for now, and I am sure we'll see some more new free apps before they finalize the App Catalog.
    I'm not sure how many times I have to say this... but here goes...

The initial paid application support will still use a beta app store. Paid apps should be considered in beta.

They're not expecting to have a non-beta app catalog until mid to end of October, last I recall.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Funny how the leaked version had a version of the App Cat that was out of beta. I guess that server melt down Palm had was just another clue that they need to add capacity. Oh well...we'll see. My phone is way faster now, so I am content for now, and I am sure we'll see some more new free apps before they finalize the App Catalog.
    I used the leaked version and it still showed beta in the top right corner...just like it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Funny how the leaked version had a version of the App Cat that was out of beta.
    No it didn't.

And yeah, Kasracer has it exactly right.
    *sigh*
    I spent the past two days getting all my tweaks back and figuring out the dialer. Now my pre is exactly how I want it (within reason), and I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna update again right now...unless they give me something I really want...like a camcorder. Jeesh.
    I highly doubt there is going to be another update this week, and if there is, there's no way it'll just be to take the App Catalog out of beta. Now that we have the CC# entry in the program, all that needs to be done to have paid apps go live should be server-side.

But if there's ever a tiny update (like 1.0.4 was, only fixing that email vulnerability) to just one program, it should be fine if you update, because it should only overwrite what it needs to and most of your hacks not related to that program will stay intact.
    Oh I thought it did...guess I misunderstood that. Wooops