1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that Google maps takes forever to load on webOS 1.2? It takes noticeably longer to load than 1.1, even on wifi and it is painfully slow on EVDO.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    No issues here.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    20 seconds...on the 27th floor of a big concrete building in the middle of a city and that included the "location services?" prompt and response. I'd say that's pretty good.

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Google maps takes forever to load on webOS 1.2? It takes noticeably longer to load than 1.1, even on wifi and it is painfully slow on EVDO.
    yeah no change here,, if anyghing, actually feels little faster..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  5.    #5  
    What about actual map redraw rates once loaded. I have timed redraw rates of up to and over three minutes. I have had instances where the map would not even redraw or refresh at all.
    Been having this issue here. Also, sometimes the screen turns white and I have to restart. Super annoyed.
    There is an issue posted in the official 1.2.0 "issues" thread about a Google Maps "lockup" problem as you zoom in. The poster there said he solved the problem by turning the "Locate Me Using ... Use Google Service" option. Not sure if it's the same issue as reported here, but sounds like it might be related. A search of "Google maps location services" will show the related thread.

I'm not seeing any problems with Google Maps ... but I've got the "Google Services" option (whatever that is?) turned off.
    I've noticed this as well. Google Maps seems to frequently (but not always) load much more slowly than before I updated to 1.2 -- sometimes taking as long as 2-3 minutes. Refreshes don't seem any slower (or faster), but that initial load often takes forever!

That's the only real issue I've experienced with 1.2 so far, and I'm not entirely convinced that 1.2 is the cause of the problem.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    There is an issue posted in the official 1.2.0 "issues" thread about a Google Maps "lockup" problem as you zoom in. The poster there said he solved the problem by turning the "Locate Me Using ... Use Google Service" option. Not sure if it's the same issue as reported here, but sounds like it might be related. A search of "Google maps location services" will show the related thread.

I'm not seeing any problems with Google Maps ... but I've got the "Google Services" option (whatever that is?) turned off.
    Thanks for the advice but if you have both the Google location service and the GPS turned off then G-maps wont be able to locate you and G-maps wont work. Using GPS as an alternative is no better as it drains your battery and only works while outdoors with a clear view of the sky.

This is definitely a step backward for Palm in the situation. They should of left things the way they were.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    No issues with mine.
    Yep, solid here with Google Maps as well, loads quicker if anything else since the update, and refreshes the map as fast or faster than before.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'm having the problem. in 1.1 it seemed like gmaps had a fix on my location instantly. now it takes several seconds to locate.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    my problem is that the gps location for me is way off now, usually it was right on the button, now it is a couple of blocks off....
  14.    #14  
    I just checked Palm's official support forum and it seems to be an issue. One solution they recommended was to do a partial erase. I don't mind doing so but does doing a partial erase also erases homebrew apps?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    partial erase of what exactly?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    I just checked Palm's official support forum and it seems to be an issue. One solution they recommended was to do a partial erase. I don't mind doing so but does doing a partial erase also erases homebrew apps?
    in case anybody wants to know.... I found the fix. I had left the "developer mode" on by accident. Turned it off, reset the device and bam! right back to perfect!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Been using the app more often since 1.2 for traffic purposes and have all the find me's on with no issues. Both loading and drawing is acceptable speed. The only thing I wish it could do is show traffic with a sattelite hybrid view like on my itouch but other than that performance is fine. Oh and my phone has no tweaks , hacks or homebrews.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i'm having all kinds of problems with gmaps in 1.2. buttons don't load, i get "too many cards" errors when i have no cards open, slow performance, etc.