Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is anyone else seeing anything like this? I did the update on Monday, everything went well, no problems. Yesterday all of the sudden my phone would not connect to the EV network at all. It would connect to wifi and work, but would not connected to EV. My battery was pretty low, so I just assumed it was turning itself off because of low battery. I charged it all the way to 100% reset it a couple of times and nothing still. So just to try something I erased all settings and applications and it restarted (had to sign in an reload my palm profile) and everything worked. OK I can understand that maybe it was a temporary glitch or something. Everything was working fine again until this morning around 9:30am, and then it just did the same thing. This time I noticed before it started my battery was at 97% before 9:30, I looked at 11:00am and it was down to 34%, and still going down. Anyone ideas?
    Samsung Blackjack (junk)-> Apple Iphone (2G) (ok)-> Blackberry Storm (POS!) -> Palm Pre (Awesome)

Order Of Preference
    Palm Pre - Best Of The Bunch By Far
    Apple Iphone - OK, but not that great
    Blackjack - Awful phone, I hate WM
    Storm - Worst phone of all time
    try update network settings and prl in the phone app menu.
    I just lost my back and forward swipe today. Battery issues here too. Nothing but more probs since this wonderful update.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I know that charging via usb is not the fasters way. But I have my phone in airplane mode connected to my pc and I am losing around 10-15% an hour. Ouch!
    Samsung Blackjack (junk)-> Apple Iphone (2G) (ok)-> Blackberry Storm (POS!) -> Palm Pre (Awesome)

Order Of Preference
    Quote Originally Posted by pugs1721 View Post
    Is anyone else seeing anything like this? I did the update on Monday, everything went well, no problems. Yesterday all of the sudden my phone would not connect to the EV network at all. It would connect to wifi and work, but would not connected to EV. My battery was pretty low, so I just assumed it was turning itself off because of low battery. I charged it all the way to 100% reset it a couple of times and nothing still. So just to try something I erased all settings and applications and it restarted (had to sign in an reload my palm profile) and everything worked. OK I can understand that maybe it was a temporary glitch or something. Everything was working fine again until this morning around 9:30am, and then it just did the same thing. This time I noticed before it started my battery was at 97% before 9:30, I looked at 11:00am and it was down to 34%, and still going down. Anyone ideas?
    New in 1.2 is a feature to disable evdo rev-a. It may have been set off as default. go to: phone app>tap on sprint(top left tab)> tap prefrences> scroll down you should see the data usage switch. make sure its on. If not i would take it back to sprint or call palm 1(866)750-7256
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I tried that, it was set to on. Also it won't update my network settings or my PRL. Looks like a call is going to happen.

Everytime I try to do the update it says Error Code 1012.
    Last edited by pugs1721; 09/30/2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added more information

Order Of Preference
    Quote Originally Posted by pugs1721 View Post
    I tried that, it was set to on. Also it won't update my network settings or my PRL. Looks like a call is going to happen.

Everytime I try to do the update it says Error Code 1012.
    Ya call palm they"ll refer you to a tier 3 support person. they:ll help
    Did any of you guys that have these issues do anything to your phone (homebrew, tweaks), or did you have virgin Palm Pres?

Just wondering if the tweaking is causing these problems for people.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Did any of you guys that have these issues do anything to your phone (homebrew, tweaks), or did you have virgin Palm Pres?

Just wondering if the tweaking is causing these problems for people.
    The first day that I had the issue, was the day after the 1.2 upgrade and I had preware and a couple of tweaks installed. The second day, was after a full erase and reset, with no custom options.

Order Of Preference
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I am having the exact same issue, down to the same error code when trying to update PRL and network settings. Phone works, wifi works, but it does not connect to data network. I have no homebrew, no modifications, and never had this before this morning.

Trying to update via wifi, it took longer but I eventually got the same error code. I tried calling SPrint earlier but had to disconnect for a work meeting. Going to try again later.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Called Sprint again, had me take the battery out and hang on for about 10 minutes. When I powered up again it worked. I am not a techie and have no idea what they did or why it worked, but it worked. So my advice would be to give them a call (not from your pre.)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i was in meetings all day yesterday during work, and could not call them. I ended up doing a reset (which then hung because it would not activate the EV network) powered it off and let it sit for around 5 minutes or so, and then powered it back on and it worked. Lets see if it happens for a third straight day.

Order Of Preference