1.    #1  
    So I've searched the forum and found a couple of related posts but they don't seem to get anywhere.

I'm sure all of you have noticed after the 1.1 OS update that when the slider is closed and your screen is off, it will light up when you get a text, email, etc. With the exception of lighting up when someone calls, this bugs the hell out of me. There is no option to turn this feature off. The closest feature is the "Screen & Lock" where you can turn off the notifications but even so, your screen still lights up. It just doesn't so the actual notification. To me, this is redundant. If you want the notifications to be off, then the screen shouldn't come on at all. I have to constantly flip my phone with the screen facing my desk so I wouldn't get distracted when working or watching TV.

Okay...I'm done ranting. So if any developers are reading this - any possible way to develop a simple app that disable this screen light up notification feature that we can't turn off?

If someone found a workaround to this, please let me know!
    You could do the blinking LED hack - that seem's to have solved the problem for me.

Very simple hack as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    You could do the blinking LED hack - that seem's to have solved the problem for me.

Very simple hack as well.
    So the screen doesn't turn on anymore? Just the gester button? If this is true, then I'm so there.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    So the screen doesn't turn on anymore? Just the gester button? If this is true, then I'm so there.
    Unfortunately, this is not true. I have that hack enabled, and the screen still turns on for a few seconds with each notification. I'm also searching for a way around this!
    When the original first notification comes in, the screen lights up, After that, only the LED lights up.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    When the original first notification comes in, the screen lights up, After that, only the LED lights up.

IGO
    True. I'd love to get around even that first time though. I'm not afraid to mess around with the source code, I just don't even know what I'm looking for.
  7.    #7  
    Urgh. I hope either a homebrew developer or Palm themselves fix this. the 1.2 update is now more efficient and doesn't drain the battery but would appreciate it if there was an option to not have the screen come on every time there's a a new text. It's just silly.