1.    #1  
    EDIT: Got it to work. Simple mistake by me. Post here if you need help on this.

Okay, so let me preface this. (Ha! Pre-face ). Anyway, I have been sending and receiving files with webOSQuickInstall for awhile now with no problems at all. I also was running the leaked version of 1.2 and had LED notifications working just fine by editing the files and sending them over with WOSQI. Right now I have sent an edited launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $add$/$delete$ $pages$, $email$.$js$ $to$ $change$ $default$ $text$ $to$ $black$, $and$ $list$-$assistant$.$js$ $to$ $confirm$ $deletion$ $in$ $email$. $These$ $are$ $all$ $working$ $exactly$ $how$ $I$ $thought$ $they$ $would$ $and$ $their$ $functionality$ $is$ $there$.

I ran webOSDoctor multiple times yesterday to try and get this to work on my current phone (I received a replacement Pre on Monday when the update came out). I have received the files from my Pre, edited them according to the same instructions when I got it working on the leaked version (the same instructions that were posted yesterday on the main page by Dieter), and sent them over with WOSQI. It said file transferred successfully on both files. I then reset my device under device options and wait for it to come back up.

Now, I cannot even come close to figuring out what is wrong. After my Pre reboots, I navigate to the screen & lock app and there is no option that should technically be there to enable blinking notifications. If I go and receive my file again with WOSQI the changes are not there anymore and the file appears to be unedited.

Is there something I am missing? Does it have to do with the fact that WOSQI is not "technically" compatible with 1.2? Do I need to enable something else on my Pre? Is anyone else running into the same problem? To me, this seems like one of the easiest "hacks" out there. Just about the same easiness level as the add/delete pages hack. However, for some reason I cannot get this to work. Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Also, for those looking for the instructions how to enable blinking notifications, check the following. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1930649
    Last edited by bpdamas; 09/30/2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Got it to work.
    Odd....I am not experiencing this issue, made the change once and it has stayed as edited.

Only thing I can guess is you didn't save the changes after editing? Or you copied over your backup files instead of the edited files?
  3.    #3  
    I can't figure it out either. It seems like I am the only one experiencing this.

I double and triple checked the files being sent over to the Pre and they are edited and ready to go with all of the correct lines uncommented. Plus, I have used the exact same procedure on other files that seem to have no problem working.
  4.    #4  
    Wow. I think I just figured it out. I copied the path of where to send the file from someone who posted the wrong path. I feel like a complete ***** and one of those people you see who post on the forums and have no idea what they are doing and still ask dumb questions. I feel like that guy.

Anyway, my phone is booting up and I will post back to see if it worked. I am going to kick myself for this one when it does.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am having the exact problem. Now let me say that I am not versed in this at all, but this one seems to be an easy patch. I transfered the files thru WOSQI 2.6 several times last night, and no blinking LED. I also received a replacement phone(refurb worse oreo than the one I exchanged) on monday when the update came out.
  6.    #6  
    I'm a ****** (from The Hangover, didn't know they bleeped it). Mods feel free to delete this thread or move it somewhere. I cannot believe I made a simple, simple mistake. Maybe work is getting to me. Anyway, I got it figured out and working. I feel like a fool. Oh well.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by theisley View Post
    I am having the exact problem. Now let me say that I am not versed in this at all, but this one seems to be an easy patch. I transfered the files thru WOSQI 2.6 several times last night, and no blinking LED. I also received a replacement phone(refurb worse oreo than the one I exchanged) on monday when the update came out.
    Check and make sure the file path is correct. That was my problem.

Also, Mods, I would be okay to change the title of this thread to troubleshooting LED Notification Tweak. I will take on helping others on this issue since I feel like such an *****.
    bpdamas - you're a good sport!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Check and make sure the file path is correct. That was my problem.

Also, Mods, I would be okay to change the title of this thread to troubleshooting LED Notification Tweak. I will take on helping others on this issue since I feel like such an *****.

Thanks, I'll double check that this evening. I saw that you were having this issue last night when I was working on mine. Were you using the path from that thread, or from the WEBOS Internals website? Like you, wanna make sure I'm sending the files to correct place.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theisley View Post
    Thanks, I'll double check that this evening. I saw that you were having this issue last night when I was working on mine. Were you using the path from that thread, or from the WEBOS Internals website? Like you, wanna make sure I'm sending the files to correct place.
    I can't actually remember where I got the path from. Here are the 100% correct paths though because I just got it to work. The path from the thread is correct though.

securityconfig-assitant.jsjsjs $goes$ $in$
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/
    securityconfig-scene.html goes in
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I can't actually remember where I got the path from. Here are the 100% correct paths though because I just got it to work. The path from the thread is correct though.

securityconfig-assitant.jsjsjs $goes$ $in$

securityconfig-scene.html goes in
    Thanks again, I will double check my work this evening. I'm sure my issue is with the operator.
    I'm a ****** (from The Hangover, didn't know they bleeped it). Mods feel free to delete this thread or move it somewhere. I cannot believe I made a simple, simple mistake. Maybe work is getting to me. Anyway, I got it figured out and working. I feel like a fool. Oh well.
    I've bee in the IT field for a couple of decades. I always say if someone's never made a stupid mistake, they're not doing enough.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've bee in the IT field for a couple of decades. I always say if someone's never made a stupid mistake, they're not doing enough.
    Good motto. I definitely can see why that is true.