Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just wondering if this is normal, I sent 2 txts and received 1, I then activated wifi and checked something on google for about 1.5 - 2 min, my battery went from 100% to 97% that seems a little quick to me. I JUST pulled it off the charger too. This has been happening since before 1.2 btw.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

its happened to me since ive gotten the phone... honestly i dont think n e thing of it other then your pre isnt exactly fully charged and or its reading the battery power incorrectly theres an app in the homebrew section that monitors battery life and youll see the decline slow down about mid battery download it and give it a shot
    Actually, I've found that since 1.2 the battery has significantly gotten better! I guess it just proves that every person gets different results.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    It all depends if you are using EVDO or WiFi, what else also may be updating in the back ground, and your signal strengths of those networks. Also 3% is nothing to worry about IMAO. If you can't make it through the day, then try fully cycle your battery a few times.
    When I am home (on WiFi with Bluetooth off), I generally lose 4% an hour if I do not touch the phone at all.

Listened to my favorite talk show on Shoutcast yesterday for 40 minutes (downtown with great signal), and it took over 20% from my battery life.
    My battery life was terrible yesterday after the update. Not really any heavy web or email activity. Just sat in my pocket most of the time at work, but the thing died on me by 5:30 pm after starting with a 100% at 7:00 am.

Today seems to be a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonRufus View Post
    My battery life was terrible yesterday after the update. Not really any heavy web or email activity. Just sat in my pocket most of the time at work, but the thing died on me by 5:30 pm after starting with a 100% at 7:00 am.

Today seems to be a little better.
    Glad to know I'm not alone in this! Before the update, I was losing 8-10% per hour on standby (yes, with GPS/Bluetooth/WiFi off, screen brightness down)... after the update, I'm losing 10-15% per hour!!!!

If this ONE thing could be fixed, I'd be happy... I love the phone, but it's no use to me if there is no battery to power it... also, for some reason, it seems like (from what I read online) fixing this issue, while important, is further down on the priority list...
  8.    #8  
    I have Wifi off all the time unless I am going to surf the web. Brightness is nearly all the way down, and I have my email set to push every 15 minutes. I know 3% isnt much, but in less than 4 minutes?? Doesn't seem right to me, especially since it had just come off the charger and was showing 100% for a good 20min... I have the airrave in my house also, so my signal is a lot better than it used to be.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    my battery went from 100% to 97% that seems a little quick to me. I JUST pulled it off the charger too. This has been happening since before 1.2 btw.
    Same here. This is the last thing my phone needed, seeing as how the battery was already ****ty enough as it is.

:/
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    Same here. This is the last thing my phone needed, seeing as how the battery was already ****ty enough as it is.

:/
    I know right...

I am contemplating whether or not to buy an extended battery. I am thinking maybe I should return the Pre, for other issues also besides the battery. I am not even a heavy user. I sometimes avoid using it because of the battery life. Which kind of defeats the purpose of this very nice and intuitive OS. I am going to run a full cycle through my battery today. We'll see what happens
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I found the opposite. My battery life was much better the day after the update. Of course I'll give it a week to see if this holds true.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Not shelling out any more money on this phone but I'm going to try and full cycle the battery sometime this week too. I can only pray that further updates don't kill the battery any further, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Off the charger and it goes straight to 97%, I'm hoping this is a bug or something.
    Last edited by Menso; 09/30/2009 at 12:21 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    Not shelling out any more money on this phone but I'm going to try and full cycle the battery sometime this week too. I can only pray that further updates don't kill the battery any further, but I'm not holding my breath.
    good luck to you!
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    My battery life was horrid yesterday after I updated to 1.2. Before that it was decent enough for me. I usually have it charged at work during the day connected to my computer so I don't know if it is any better yet or not. I certainly hope so though.
    I've been monitoring my battery life this morning, started with 93% 3 and a half hours ago, I'm at 74% now, 5.53%/hour battery drain, remaining life is 13.37. I've used my phone a bit earlier to talk to my sister on googletalk, maybe half an hour or so, also used it on the crapper a couple of times(played tetris and solitaire), so pretty average usage for me. Telling me it's gonna get almost 17 hours of battery life today.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I just got the Seidio 2600 battery 2 weeks ago, before with the stoc: battery I was losing about 5% per hour just sitting idle, that's with my hotmail account set to 5 minutes. With the Seidio I was getting about 3.5% per hour. I then switched the hotmail account to check every 30 min and I'm getting only 1.2% drain! I have noticed no difference since 1.2.

A lot of variables play a factor in battery life, strength of signal, email accounts, using WiFi vs EVDO, GPS & how many/what kind of apps you are using. I found that the email settings were the biggest variable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've been monitoring my battery life this morning
    Yeah, I'm about the same. Although, at work I have *very* poor signal, so I don't get as good as I can. Currently:
    Initial Battery %: 95
    Current Battery %: 56
    Runtime: 5h18m18s
    Drain per Hour%: 7.35
    Remaining Life (hrs): 7.62

To the OP: go get Battery Monitor from the homebrew catalog. It's a fantastic way to figure out how much battery you're really consuming. I hope the author will turn it into a background service that the front end just turns on and off, and reports on.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I just got the Seidio 2600 battery 2 weeks ago, before with the stoc: battery I was losing about 5% per hour just sitting idle, that's with my hotmail account set to 5 minutes. With the Seidio I was getting about 3.5% per hour. I then switched the hotmail account to check every 30 min and I'm getting only 1.2% drain! I have noticed no difference since 1.2.

A lot of variables play a factor in battery life, strength of signal, email accounts, using WiFi vs EVDO, GPS & how many/what kind of apps you are using. I found that the email settings were the biggest variable for me.
    I never disable GPS, only use WiFi when I'm at home, but I constantly have 4-5 bars of signal(gotta love living in DFW). Disabling GPS doesn't have a significant enough impact on the battery for me to actually take the time to disable it, I'd rather have it there when I need it. I also have Gmail set to push, and run Googletalk and AIM all day long.

I've also noticed the difference between Data Usage Off and using WiFi and using EVDO is very slight, at best. I'll actually monitor it tonight though with the battery monitor. The best savings comes from airplane mode+WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I constantly have 4-5 bars of signal(gotta love living in DFW).
    That explains a *LOT*. Over the weekend, I went to the mountains with absolutely zero signal. So I just turned on airplane mode, and left battery monitor running. Without having to search for signal (and sitting idle overnight) Battery Monitor reported that I had 290 hours of battery life remaining. After using it a lot during the day, and after having been on for 24 hours w/out a charge, Battery Monitor indicated I had 18 hours left.

Searching for signal is a *HUGE* drain on the battery. Not searching for signal I was able to get through an entire 48 hour weekend on a single charge and I still had 20% battery left at the end.
    Disabling GPS doesn't have a significant enough impact on the battery
    Agreed. As I understand it, the GPS isn't used at all unless some application does a location search. So leaving it on doesn't cause any extra drain. Unless, of course, you also leave some application open that's constantly querying the GPS.
    I also have Gmail set to push, and run Googletalk and AIM all day long.
    Hmm... I've disabled gtalk & aim out of battery life fears. I think I'll run an experiment.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I think it's better, today.

Yesterday, it sucked rocks!!! But then again, I restored (three times) with WebOS Doctor. The battery meter probably had to recalibrate. Today, listened to Pandora -- about an hour, 12 hours off charger, few calls here and there. Maybe a FB look or two. 68% still...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast