Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Google wave on my pre crashes. It hangs for a long long time, and then i get a google error page that says it failed and to submit what i was doing and why.

Google wave is an interesting concept but it still has a long long long way to go.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    pure speculation but google wave would be 1) resource intensive 2) require platform not supported on pre (flash) 3) require more real estate (pixels)
    I'm almost positive that I read that GWave uses HTML 5, not Flash. Anyone know for sure the Pre's support of HTML 5?

BTW, this is basically a Linux machine. I don't think adding support for HTML 5 would be outside the capabilities of the Pre. Don't know about the browser though...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    google wave uses zero flash. Its all html5, and yes the pre supports it. Webkit has html5 support in it. However pre, and google need to work on both sides to make sure it has full compatibility.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    I would also love a google wave invite...please pm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    It's not. It's actually not supported by any mobile browser. Wave will detect this and tell you to go to your desktop. Yes, I have Wave
    That is true, but it allows you to say I understand and continue to an iPhone specific site, with one "column" per screen. I'll try to get that URL for everyone to play with off my iPod Touch.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Also would love a Google Wave invite. If anyone has any spares please PM me! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    <----willing to trade google voice invite for google wave invite
    ditto
  8. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Count me in for a Wave invite please, if anybody has an extra!

xtn
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Has anyone with the iphone user agent patch and a wave account tested it out? Curious if the pre can handle the iphone site.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    <----willing to trade google voice invite for google wave invite
    I too have a google voice invite to trade for google wave invite. I don't know if you need invites for voice anymore, but I have one to trade.
    I tried going on wave without the iphone user agent thingy, and it almost worked. It just wouldn't load waves.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12