1.    #1  
    I filled in the credit card information for the Palm app catalog yesterday...today my checking accounts shows these charges from Palm...what does this mean??

Date Transaction Amount Account
    ---- ----------- ------ -------
    09/29 CHECK CRD PURCHASE PALM, INC. SUNNYVALE CA $1.00* Checking XXX-XXXXXXXX
    I'm pretty sure it will go away, and you'll get the money back. I don't know why it charged three times but this is usually a sign of it charging a dollar to check to see if the credit card information is valid. I know a lot of online games do this.
    It appears that you used a check card. When you use a check card, often financial transactions are "tested" to validate future transactions. Those are probably test transactions that won't remain (or will be reversed) once Palm sees that the transactions went through.

Remember, a check card is NOT a credit card, and usually doesn't have the same level of transaction protection (for neither the purchaser nor the retailor).
    They do the same for a credit card. Though some banks just don't bother to show the 1.00 if its a pre-auth.. And they usually fall off after 3-5 days..
    It's called a preauthorization - not a charge. It is just to validate that the credit card you gave them is valid. It will not go through as a charge. It'll be dropped within a week.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Additional post about how it's just to test the account to make sure it's valid and the charges will go away in a few days.