1.    #1  
    For those who have had their Pre since launch or just after launch, how has your "oreo" effect progressed? Has it gotten worse? Has it remained basically the same as it's been for a while now? Is it more of an annoyance than an actual problem?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    my oreo effect hasnt changed and isnt that bad
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    I had no oreo effect until I dropped the phone, and it's pretty minimal even so... has not gotten any worse since then.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I notice it but it doesn't effect the usability of my phone. I am waiting until there is some new stock issued before I try to exchange because they are all going to do this to some degree in my opinion.
    if the oreo really bothers you, get the sprint hard cover, which eliminates the oreo, but increases the overall size...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-sprint.html
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mine was very tight and hard to open when it first arrived, but has significant oreo-ing after only one week. Since it is new, I have really babied it, so it has not seen any drops or rough handling.
    I saw another post that described how to restore the tightness by separating the front and back and adjusting the sliders. When my aggravation and courage are sufficient, I will try it.
    Can anyone report success or failure at doing this?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Ouch! My question was a thread-killer. : (
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Who you calling an oreo?
    I've only had minimal wiggle on my Pre and it has not gotten any worse. I find that you can eliminate most of it (temporarily) if you slide the phone closed with gentle pressure from the upper left to lower right corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwandrews View Post
    yep- been there done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwandrews View Post
    yep- been there done that. :
    My Pre wiggles all the time....for just a short time....always while in my pocket.

Is this what you guys are talking about with this oreo thingy?
  13. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    mine is about a month old...and every once in awhile it gets a small amount of oreo....I do the "press and slide" someone described in a thread and it goes away.

also the oreo didn't start on mine until I installed a generic hard case I got on eBay with a car charger....since then the case is off, and the awesome Phantom Skinz is on.
    all i can say is its normal. most of the play is caused by the 2 seperate metal hinges.
    I also had no oreo effect until i dropped the phone...now it's minimal, but annoying.
    The "Oreo effect" - the irresistable temptation, as with all Oreos, to keep twisting the two ends until you get it to give away and open up to expose all that goodness inside.

If you know your phone does the Oreo, I wonder how many still keep on giving it that twist now and then and causes it to open more. Is it something that you just can't help do?

Was just a thought
    Didn't have much when I bought it 8/1, but it has loosened up significantly since then. It's annoying, but the Pre really isn't in danger of falling apart. The Sprint hard case eliminates oreo effect completely.