Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Is there a way to force full versions of sites? I'm especially thinking of ESPN, CNN, and CNBC.
    I think you would have to change the user agent somehow.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Is there a way to force full versions of sites? I'm especially thinking of ESPN, CNN, and CNBC.
    ESPN.com
    Method 1: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the mobile site, click on the "ESPN.com" link in the menu of links at the bottom of the screen.
    Method 2: Type "espn.go.com" into the address bar.

CNN.com
    Method 1: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the mobile site, click on "Regular site" at the bottom of the screen.
    Method 2: Type "cnn.com/index.html" into the address bar.

CNBC.com
    I wasn't able to find a way to get to the full site. No options on the mobile site, and the main page of the full version isn't something like "/index.html" like for CNN.

For CNN and ESPN, though, once you get to the full version you can either type in the full URL or just add the full site to your favorites.

I hope this helps.
    Any clue about Google Reader? I would really like to view the full site, which I could do when the Pre first launched, but now it always forces the mobile version.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    ESPN.com
    Method 1: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the mobile site, click on the "ESPN.com" link in the menu of links at the bottom of the screen.
    Method 2: Type "espn.go.com" into the address bar.

CNN.com
    Method 1: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the mobile site, click on "Regular site" at the bottom of the screen.
    Method 2: Type "cnn.com/index.html" into the address bar.

CNBC.com
    I wasn't able to find a way to get to the full site. No options on the mobile site, and the main page of the full version isn't something like "/index.html" like for CNN.

For CNN and ESPN, though, once you get to the full version you can either type in the full URL or just add the full site to your favorites.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, it does
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    most sites give you the option for mobile or desktop. Select desktop and it should be saved in your cookie file. Most mobile sites suck.