Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how many of you actually use the launcher button (the black dot on the bottom right of the screen with the arrow on it)? I never do, I only use finger swipe as it is easier.

it would be nice to get rid of that button and put a custom icon there? Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by kasl33; 10/01/2009 at 07:35 PM.
    +1. I could go for that.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    you can customize the icon ala my ZomPre, but the launcher function can not be replaced at the moment.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I think the purpose of the button should be changed. For example, maybe instead of minimizing the app into a card it could launch a today screen that some people are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    how many of you actually use the menu button or "start" buttom as some call it? I never do, I only use finger swipe as it is easier.

it would be nice to get rid of that button and put a custom icon there? Anyone else agree?
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've used that button. And all of those times were on launch day.
    Would seriously love to put an app there. (maybe prejeweled? lol)
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last edited by a1hildeb; 09/29/2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: .
    Palm knows nobody uses the home button, which is why the Pixi doesn't have one.

I'm sure the community will come up with a good use for it though.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

I think the OP is talking about the up arrow to open the apps menu. I actually do use that button even though I know I don't have to. It wouldn't bother me if they let us change it though.

The home button on the other hand definitely needs some more functionality.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

The Pixi may not have a button, but it does have a dedicated area in the gesture area that replicates the functionality of the Pre's center button.

It even lights up!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I use the launcher button, but wouldn't mind if it was able to be changed. The center button I use all the time to minimize cards. I know I can swipe up twice to close a card but I've gotten used to using the button and a swipe, and there's nothing wrong with having more than one way to do things.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    damn, i use it all the time... yall r makin me feel like a loser for doin so lol
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I never use the button....and I never use the launcher icon.....I wish I could switch both of them to something I would use.
    I just posted this on the "How To: Enable LED 'Blink' Notifications in webOS 1.2" article, so sorry for the duplication.

BUt on the use of the center button, I never us it . I think it would be great if it could be used to turn the screen on and off. I find the current on/off button to sometimes be cumbersome. That would also put your thumb in a natural position to start using your phone.

Or how about using it to pause or advance songs when listening to music?
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Or how about using it to pause or advance songs when listening to music?
    I use the button on my ear buds for that. I don't even have to take the Pre out of my pocket.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Oh, and I think it's weird how the center button turns the screen on when the slider is open, but not when it's closed... why would they do that?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Oh, and I think it's weird how the center button turns the screen on when the slider is open, but not when it's closed... why would they do that?
    Because it's usually in your pocket when the screen is closed and I'm sure it gets pushed in all the time thus making pocket dialing a total nightmare if it turned the screen on with it closed. Whereas with the keyboard open you usually are holding the pre in your hand or have it sitting on a table or something where it wouldn't get accidentally pressed. It makes sense.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyre View Post
    Because it's usually in your pocket when the screen is closed and I'm sure it gets pushed in all the time thus making pocket dialing a total nightmare if it turned the screen on with it closed. Whereas with the keyboard open you usually are holding the pre in your hand or have it sitting on a table or something where it wouldn't get accidentally pressed. It makes sense.
    But the screen is still locked when the power button is pressed, and I find it hard to believe the center button is easier to push than the power button (which I already know it's not, since the phone has shut off while in my pocket because the power button got pressed).
  18.    #18  
    You last four somehow migrated the focus of the topic. I was talking about the menu button on the screen on the right side with the arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    You last four somehow migrated the focus of the topic. I was talking about the menu button on the screen on the right side with the arrow.
    People probably didn't know what you were talking about because that's called the launcher button.
    i use the button all the time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast