Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    People probably didn't know what you were talking about because that's called the launcher button.
    I figured. I couldn't think of the word when I posted it.
    I'm also in the habit of using the launcher button <shrug>
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I do use the launcher icon frequently. More out of habit thany anything probably. I think that it should be able to be replaced with a more heavily used function, not that I would change it personally though.
    I'm confused... how do you access the programs menu without using the launcher button?

I've tried all kinds of gestures to figure out what you guys are doing but none of them open the menu.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    how many of you actually use the launcher button (the black dot on the bottom right of the screen with the arrow on it)? I never do, I only use finger swipe as it is easier.

it would be nice to get rid of that button and put a custom icon there? Anyone else agree?
    I must be doing something wrong.

Assume I need to launch Pandora and it's not on my quick launch bar. I see no other way but to choose the launcher button (bottom right arrow). to see all the Icons. I use it often on a daily basis.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I'm confused... how do you access the programs menu without using the launcher button?

I've tried all kinds of gestures to figure out what you guys are doing but none of them open the menu.
    vertical finger swipe from the gesture area.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    vertical finger swipe from the gesture area.
    I feel dumb I didn't know about this. I thought the only way was using the launcher button. Thanks for the info!
  8.    #28  
    I'm not even sure how I figured that out. I think it just happened by accident and I did it that way ever since. Your welcome!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  9.    #29  
    whoops, i posted in the wrong one. Moderator - please delete this
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Not enough room on the quick launch bar as it is, I sure would like to replace that useless icon.
    because is easier for new owners, I suppose.
    I use the launcher button all the time, usually in combination with the slow upward drag to get the wave dock if I'm already in another app. It's actually a very efficient single motion.

FWIW, I use the center button frequently as well. I'd prefer the Pixi's gesture area, sans button, though. That seems like a more elegant design -- a mechanical button isn't really necessary.