1.    #1  
    hello, I am new to the pre and feeling a bit lost to be honest. I have been reading the forums, trying to catch up on all that you folks have already figured out about this fancy new device. so here is my question, am I correct in believing that I cannot download any of the homebrews to directly to my pre because I have the webos 1.2.0 update installed, and since i just got my pre yesterday, I have not installed filecoaster, preware, or preload on my Pre. and the webos1.2.0 update makes the webos installer not usable to load these programs up with. My question is, if I am wrong, how can I load homebrew apps while I wait for an update on the webos installer program.

thanks
    Well, I'm sure you can, but if you have to ask these questions, you should wait for the new WebOSQuickInstall.

That's not intended as an insult, but as serious advice. Doing it right now would require either using an old version of WOSQI that may cause problems, or simply not work, or doing several of the initial steps to get preware and the package manager service running from the command line, which is not an easy thing if you're new to using a linux terminal.

Jason has said the new WOSQI should be out by Friday, so I'd just kick back until then.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the quick response, and the good advice. I know enough to know when I don't know enough about something, and know I don't know enough about linux, so I will wait.
    thanxs again
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    thanks for the quick response, and the good advice. I know enough to know when I don't know enough about something, and know I don't know enough about linux, so I will wait.
    thanxs again
    At a minimum, there are instructions on webosgroup.com on how to install preload. Very easy - has its own standalone installer. When everything else is up and working with 1.2 you can do more.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the recommendation for preload. I went to check it out but it seems that they don't have a mac version to install with. oh well.