Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    So after installing 1.2 I messed with the tweaks and keyboard only to make my pre have several errors. I would like to reinstall 1.2 over the top of everything again to fix the errors. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance and yes I searched with no luck.
    You have a couple of options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1) You could use WebOSDoctor to completely reflash your phone to the state it was in when you took it out of the box. It's prety much guaranteed to get you fixed, but you'll be starting over from scratch.

2) If you wait a few days, the WebOSRepair will probably be updated, and it may or may not get your problems solved.

3) If you know EXACTLY what you did that caused the problems, folks around here 'may' be able to help you fix them manually, but that's a big "if" and would require a whole lot of work on your part, moving files around through the root terminal.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You have a couple of options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1) You could use WebOSDoctor to completely reflash your phone to the state it was in when you took it out of the box. It's prety much guaranteed to get you fixed, but you'll be starting over from scratch.

2) If you wait a few days, the WebOSRepair will probably be updated, and it may or may not get your problems solved.

3) If you know EXACTLY what you did that caused the problems, folks around here 'may' be able to help you fix them manually, but that's a big "if" and would require a whole lot of work on your part, moving files around through the root terminal.
    Thanks, I am contemplating webosdr now, I have tried webosrepair and only get unfixed errors over and over again. I dont know exactly what I did, but it was damaging
    Well, that's pretty simple then.

You tried option #2 and it didn't work.

You don't have the required info to try #3

All that leaves is option 1.

Run the back-up utility to make sure all of your account information is up to date on your palm profile, and all of your unlinked PIM info is backed up to the palm profile, and call the Dr.

I've used the Dr. 3 or 4 times, and it really is quite painless. It takes maybe 20 minutes, and then another hour to get all my software back up and running. Of course, getting the software back will be a lot tougher until the new WOSQI comes out in a couple of days, so if you can hold off until then, it will be easier for you to get up and running again.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Well, that's pretty simple then.

You tried option #2 and it didn't work.

You don't have the required info to try #3

All that leaves is option 1.

Run the back-up utility to make sure all of your account information is up to date on your palm profile, and all of your unlinked PIM info is backed up to the palm profile, and call the Dr.

I've used the Dr. 3 or 4 times, and it really is quite painless. It takes maybe 20 minutes, and then another hour to get all my software back up and running. Of course, getting the software back will be a lot tougher until the new WOSQI comes out in a couple of days, so if you can hold off until then, it will be easier for you to get up and running again.
    I figured as much, but this was worth a try, its my email, which I have to have for work tomorrow or I would just hang out and wait for the repair.

What is WOSQI?

Thanks
    Agreed, assuming a good back up is in place, the good Doctor is your friend. I just did it a week or so ago, and it was nice to have a painless update to 1.2.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    What is WOSQI?
    Seriously?

WebOSQuickInstall is God's gift to the Palm Pre, and by God, I mean Jason R.

Do a very quick search and you'll find all you need. It virtually eliminates the need for anybody but developers to do anything through the root terminal.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Sorry missed the abv, I have webosquickinstall.

Thanks