Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe it's just me, but is there any way to:
    1. Disable/turn off PIN?
    2. Adjust time before screen locks & PIN is required?

It's really annoying - and actually can be dangerous at times (i.e.: driving, etc...) to have to type in my PIN every 30 seconds - getting old & I've only had 1.2 for an hour...

Anyone know how to change this setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkushin View Post
    1. Disable/turn off PIN?

It's really annoying - and actually can be dangerous at times (i.e.: driving, etc...) to have to type in my PIN every 30 seconds - getting old & I've only had 1.2 for an hour...

To turn off Pin, Screen & Lock--> simple PIN-->Off
    Quote Originally Posted by bkushin View Post
    1. Disable/turn off PIN?

just turn it off lol
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletT00TH View Post
    To turn off Pin, Screen & Lock--> simple PIN-->Off
    No such command, "simple PIN" - doesn't exist in the Screen & Lock app. Only option there related to the PIN is "Change PIN"...

Any other ideas?
    bkushin,
    How did you get the PIN on your Pre?
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post

search
    Thanks for the suggestion! So are you guys saying there's no way to change if/when this thing locks itself? I cannot control this at all? I understand if I'm subject to corporate policies, I'll have to live with it, but even then, I could change the lock interval on my Blackberry to more reasonable 30 - 60 minutes. This thing locks in 30 seconds!
  7.    #8  
    bkushin,
    How did you get the PIN on your Pre?
    After the 1.2 update, it forced me to enter a PIN when it rebooted. Been stuck with it ever since. I didn't see another choice - only option was to enter a PIN to continue & reboot... Did I miss something? Is there a way to undo it if so?
    I got nothing
  9.    #10  
    I got nothing
    Interesting... Are all you guys running 1.2? Why would I have different screens & menus than you? And is there any way I can reload just the "Screens & Lock" application?
    he has a PIN from his EAS mail account, its forced by the company, not the phone. Its different than the standard PIN lock.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    he has a PIN from his EAS mail account, its forced by the company, not the phone. Its different than the standard PIN lock.
    Thanks! Yes, I'm sure you're correct. But is there any way to at least increase the time before it locks? On Blackberrys & the iPhone, there at least options here - you can usually set it for up to 60 min before it locks. There doesn't appear to be any flexibility on the Pre - am I missing something or do I just have to live with typing in my PIN every 30 seconds...???
    as of yet, there is no way to adjust the time for it.
    Same here. The 1.2 update now enforces a pin lock that can't be turned off, apparently due to my work's EAS policy (?)

I guess one possibility is for someone brave who has this problem try the old 1.1 WebOS Internals way and report back if it still works:
    Patch WebOS Bypassing Lock Screen - WebOS Internals

Anyone?
    Corrected thread title to match content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Corrected thread title to match content.
    EAS Lock isn't exactly the same-thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Same here. The 1.2 update now enforces a pin lock that can't be turned off, apparently due to my work's EAS policy (?)

I guess one possibility is for someone brave who has this problem try the old 1.1 WebOS Internals way and report back if it still works:
    Patch WebOS Bypassing Lock Screen - WebOS Internals

Anyone?
    I can confirm that it works. I deleted Exchange from my phone initially when the lock went into effect, but I added it back after doing this hack, and no PIN is required
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I can confirm that it works. I deleted Exchange from my phone initially when the lock went into effect, but I added it back after doing this hack, and no PIN is required
    Can you explain how you did the patch that it worked for you.
    Sure. Doing this from memory, so certain menu/button names may be off a little, but you'll figure it out.

Download and run the latest version of WebOS Quick Install.

From the WebOS Quick Install menu, choose "Receive File."

Paste this into the first text box: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/pin-assistant.jsjsjs

Then choose a destination for the file in the second text box.

Click the "Receive" button and in a second or two, it will tell you the transfer is done.

Go to wherever you chose to receive the file (BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU MODIFY IT!!!), open it in a text editor (Notepad in Windows, TextEdit on a Mac).

If you don't have line numbers, just key down 32 lines until you see a line with the following: setup: function() {

Immediately after that line (or after the { if you want) paste this: this.unlock(); return;

Save the file, and then go back to WebOS Quick Install

This time choose "Send File"

In the first box, select the file you just modified

In the second box, paste this: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/

Click "Send" and when it's done, reboot your phone.

All those steps sound time consuming, but really, it'll take you only a minute or two. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I hope that the "hack" is not too predominately known among the different administrator groups that watch this board. My company policy (EAS policies) enforces the PIN lock, so if they knew there was a hack to get around it they could potentially not certify the Pre as a valid device on the network. If you have an EAS account, and your administrator has required (through the EAS server policies) PIN lock, than I plan to adhere to it and not try to get around it to protect company data!

Just my $.02
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast