1.    #1  
    I find myself wanting a program similar to Instapaper on the iPhone. It will allow you to download articles online and save them locally onto the device, allowing them to be read normally in situations without a network connection, when those articles would be otherwise unavailable. It would be great for my bus route! Is there anything like this for webOS?
    Switching to a Pre in a couple of weeks. I'm also looking for an Instapaper alternative. Also looking for a webOS version of Dropbox, or something like it.
    If you want stuff like Dropbox... you need to let them know. Go to their website and click on 'Votebox' at the bottom. There are already requests for a WebOS version, so vote for them and let the developers know people are interested.
    Bumping this up, in case anyone has found a way to get Instapaper to work on the Pre. I really want to be able to send a web page (or even SMS message with a URL in it) that I'm reading on my phone to Instapaper for later reading on my laptop. The ability to download to my phone for offline reading is also wildly appealing. I'll leave a request at Instapaper for them to create a WebOS app, but has anyone found something that offers either of these functions on the Pre? TIA.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Check out PDFMyWeb in the app catalog.......
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...talog/pdfmyweb
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    Check out PDFMyWeb in the app catalog.......
    I was just going to recommend the same thing. You input a URL into app and it will create a PDF of the web page and save it to your phone. I have it and it works pretty good.
    PDFMyWeb is not really that convenient. With Instapaper, I can use a bookmarklet on my desktop computer to prepare a page for downloading to a mobile device. PDFMyWeb requires me to type in a URL on the Palm.

Anyone have a better Instapaper alternative for web OS?
    Can't wait to see what they come up with!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Exploring their forum posts about it, I also found a discussion where some considered "Read It Later" instead of Instapaper, and a response:

I'd vote for Read It Later also seeing as I just got my Instapaper client submitted to palm today
    Building Instapaper for the Hackathon - webOSroundup
    Sadly, since there are no public API's for pulling your Instapaper data (this app is scraping), I wouldn't put it past Marco to somehow put a stop to the app. He's been known to in the past with other similar situations.
    That was my quote about an instapaper client...it's called Spare Time...it will let you read your instapaper articles. I'm currently looking into how to get a browser patch into preware to let you add urls to your instapaper account. I tried contacting Marco before submitting it, but I didn't get any response. There's quite a few apps on android that are scraping which doesn't make it right but validates the need for a full api. I'd probably switch to Read It Later if it got taken down.

Darrin
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinholst View Post
    That was my quote about an instapaper client...it's called Spare Time...it will let you read your instapaper articles. I'm currently looking into how to get a browser patch into preware to let you add urls to your instapaper account. I tried contacting Marco before submitting it, but I didn't get any response. There's quite a few apps on android that are scraping which doesn't make it right but validates the need for a full api. I'd probably switch to Read It Later if it got taken down.

Darrin
    Any update on this patch. I am looking for exactly this!

Spare Time and Feeder are awesome apps. I really hope Marco continues developing these apps.
    PDFMyweb is decent, use it all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Any update on this patch. I am looking for exactly this!

Spare Time and Feeder are awesome apps. I really hope Marco continues developing these apps.
    That patch has been available on 1.4.5 for quite a while now. It adds "Add to Spare Time" to the browser's Page menu. As far as I know it's not available yet on 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    That patch has been available on 1.4.5 for quite a while now. It adds "Add to Spare Time" to the browser's Page menu. As far as I know it's not available yet on 2.1.
    Right. I should have specified I am looking for a 2.1 version.
    Ha, I'll stop being lazy and update the patch for you.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM