1.    #1  
    When I make a phone call, the screen will go black. The call is still going but I can't bring the screen back by touching or pressing the power button. It seems to be intermittent and I don't know what is causing it. When it is black there is no way to hang up or do anything.
    This seems like a hardware issue. The phone has v1.2 and I have had no time really to do anything yet with the phone. I did a reset and no change, so I did a partial erase. That erased all the contacts that were transferred over to the phone today!
    It sounds like I am going to have to take this back tomorrow. Anyone with a similar problem?
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    are you holding the phone to your ear? If so the screen will go black but should come back when you move it away.

also, do you have a screen protector on it? Sometimes they cause this issue.

if not check to see if your batt is tight. Early pre's seemed to have an issue with this.

let us know.
    there's a little dot to the far left of the phone. Make sure it isn't obscured by anything (case, debris, etc.)

If that doesn't help, I'm sure some others will chime in.
    Only happens in a call because its a feature. The screen goes black when your in a call and you put the phone to your head. There is a proximity sensor on the top of the phone to the right of your headset speaker. If you cover it or put anything near it the screen goes black. If the phone didnt have this you would be dialing numbers when the phone touches your ear.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I Had This Same Problem. I Looked It Up And Found Out That It Was The Screen Protector That Came With The Phone. Just Cut The Top Of It Off To Just Below The Headset Speaker Or Remove It Completely
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by str8henn View Post
    I Had This Same Problem. I Looked It Up And Found Out That It Was The Screen Protector That Came With The Phone. Just Cut The Top Of It Off To Just Below The Headset Speaker Or Remove It Completely
    I just got off the phone with Palm. They had me run through some interactive tests and told me to remove the screen protector that came with the phone as you said. That does seem to be it! I feel relieved. But in my quest to troubleshoot it I did a partial erase and lost all my contacts that were transferred to the phone today. So I'll be going back to BB tomorrow to have them re-transfer them from my old phone.
    I do like this phone and I hope it will be smooth sailing from here.

THANKS to everyone for your help.
    Last edited by bluemusic4us; 09/29/2009 at 10:33 PM.