Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I really want to wait for the WebOsQuickinstall 1.2 update or tweaks to catch up with 1.2 so I'm not in a hurry to update. How long can I avoid it, any tricks to extend my time? I have not received the auto update message as of yet and I have not checked with the update app. Will rebooting my phone cause it to try and auto update?
  2. #2  
    If you search, a number of people made some modifications to dissable updates because they had installed the leaked version of 1.2 a couple weeks ago, and didn't want it rolling itself back to 1.1 and bricking their phones. I'm sure you could do the same.

    Also, it's been discussed ad nauseum that several of the tweaks from WOSQI 2.03 can be applied successfully to 1.2. It's just the current version that doesn't work.
  3. #3  
    I think you can go without updating for either 10 or 14 days. Then it will be forced upon next charge. But like it was mentioned above, you can modify a file to prevent the phone from auto updating. But you're fine because Jason R. (the author of WebOSQI) said he would have it fixed by Friday at the latest.
    Follow Me On

  4. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #4  
    Buddy of mine had it appear on his Pre last night without being asked.
    Woke up to 1.2 already installed. I think
    the way to avoid is charge during the day and
    take it off charge at night and if you want to be
    Sure put it in airplane mode.
    There's a hb app to do that automatically if you want.

    ian
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    If you search, a number of people made some modifications to dissable updates because they had installed the leaked version of 1.2 a couple weeks ago, and didn't want it rolling itself back to 1.1 and bricking their phones. I'm sure you could do the same.

    Also, it's been discussed ad nauseum that several of the tweaks from WOSQI 2.03 can be applied successfully to 1.2. It's just the current version that doesn't work.
    I read about the 2.03 patches but honestly I am happy with my tweaked skinned pre as is atm. I'd just rather sit out all the rollercoaster ride, too much going on atm. Any links to those patches, are they ipks? I don't do the rooting stuff.
  6. #6  
    You WILL update your phone!
    You WILL install 1.2!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I think you can go without updating for either 10 or 14 days. Then it will be forced upon next charge. But like it was mentioned above, you can modify a file to prevent the phone from auto updating. But you're fine because Jason R. (the author of WebOSQI) said he would have it fixed by Friday at the latest.
    I have searched the forums with no luck, which file do you modify? Right now I am turning on airplane mode while I charge at night.
  8. #8  
    "Roam only tweak" it will not download the update while roaming
  9. #9  
    yes, search the forums/wiki. You can disable the updates app pretty easily, I'm on my pre or i'd have the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    yes, search the forums/wiki. You can disable the updates app pretty easily, I'm on my pre or i'd have the link.
    Like I said, I couldn't find anything directly from searching (lots of threads come up when I search "disable updates"). If you have or know of a link to a specific thread I would really appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    "Roam only tweak" it will not download the update while roaming
    I will use the roam only hack as well.. thanks for the reminder. So far it hasn't prompted me and said it will install manually yet. We'll see how long that will last then I will use the roam trick.
  11. kenford's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #11  
    TechFirstAid, here you go:

    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

    No editing of files, just making the update daemon not executable. Afterwards, you either bounce the daemon or reboot you Pre.

Posting Permissions