1.    #1  
    Just swapped out my Pre for a refurb and have the folowing issues. Any help is appreciated.

1. No contacts are tranferring from my Palm profile. I have old bookmarks and apps but no contacts. (this is escalated to Palm level 3 support and they are calling me back with 24 hours)

Is it possible to get a brand new Pre with rapid return for this reason?

2. I may not have noticed this before but do all Pre's have a "grid" of dots when held to the light in a certain way? (screen both on or off)

3. If i buy Sprint's TEP (now that i have a new serial number i can) is that always a refurb too and is there a deductible each time?

Is there any way to get a new Pre (not refurb) as i am tired of dealing with crappy used phones (on my 4th Pre).

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Just swapped out my Pre for a refurb and have the folowing issues. Any help is appreciated.

1. No contacts are tranferring from my Palm profile. I have old bookmarks and apps but no contacts. (this is escalated to Palm level 3 support and they are calling me back with 24 hours)

Is it possible to get a brand new Pre with rapid return for this reason?

2. I may not have noticed this before but do all Pre's have a "grid" of dots when held to the light in a certain way? (screen both on or off)

3. If i buy Sprint's TEP (now that i have a new serial number i can) is that always a refurb too and is there a deductible each time?

Is there any way to get a new Pre (not refurb) as i am tired of dealing with crappy used phones (on my 4th Pre).

Thanks again.
    Hello friend,
    I can answer some of your questions:

1. No idea about contacts. Making warranty claims will always result in getting a refurb device.

2. Yes, completely normal.

3. Sprint's TEP is a great alternative, and could cost you little to nothing. The only thing is, YES, it will result in a refurb device as well. BUT, it is a lot more rapid if you have a local Sprint S&R store (1-2 biz days).

4 pre's in how long? If you've been through that many (still on my 1st), I would suggest you try something else as it seems the pre isn't working for YOU.
    Last edited by HowLowCanYaGo; 09/29/2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: misplaced text
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    to question # 2..yes..at least mine does. If held close to very bright light w/ screen off the grid is visible. Sometimes with the screen on too but its much more difficult to see that way.

to question 3....deductible for the Pre is $100. Typically you get a refurb from your insurance but you can get a new one too. There is not way to predict. People have been getting alot of new Pres so the odds are not bad..no guantree though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    to question 3....deductible for the Pre is $100. Typically you get a refurb from your insurance but you can get a new one too. There is not way to predict. People have been getting alot of new Pres so the odds are not bad..no guantree though.
    The deductible with TEP is only if it is lost/stolen, liquid damage, or physical damage. Missing parts and cracked screens are among the few things always considered physical damage.

The TEP will replace it with a refurb device first, if none are available it will go to a new device.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the answers...

Update: Heard back from level 3 support. Now elevated to even higher support. They are looking into why my refurb was originally returned, may send me a brand new unit (nice lady today said it was a possibility, fingers crossed)!!!

Won't know for 3-4 business days though as i wait for the higher ups to call.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Any replacement from TEP is covered for 12 months to be free of any defects, refurb or not, as per Asurion web site.
    Don't settle for a refurb. Bug Palm until they get you a brand new phone. Tell them this it is a load of BS that you've had to go through 4 pre's. Be firm with them and get what you rightfully deserve!
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP