Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After installing the update I performed a few tweaks using webosinstall. I've never had a problem using this (webosinstall) before but after redoing the tweaks while on 1.2.0 I can no longer access the launcher (along with quick search). This prevents me from accessing any application that is not on my quick launch bar. For this reason I can not perform a full erase. (can't get to device info) If I bring up the launcher it appears that all of my icons are stacked on top of each other in the upper left corner. I can't click on them, nor go in to launcher preferences.

- can't access device info to perform a full erase
    - can't access universal search (since launcher isnt working) to go in to developer mode and access webosdoctor
    - can't do the full erase via the online palm site (possibly due to an unrelated issue, not sure at this point)

On the forums I see that I can do an erase by doing the reset via ##786# but I need a keycode and would rather not sit on hold with tech support to get this, unless it's my only option.

Does anyone have a way to access device info without using the launcher and/or quick search?
    the latest version of WebOS Quick install does not yet work for applying tweaks in WebOS 1.2. You have to use a previous version. This is likely what caused these issues for you.

You should go here to look for repair infocheck to make sure it works with 1.2)
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    No offense to most, but everyone has got to stop with these threads and replies. QI does not work with WebOS 1.2, and it was said long before it's release. So people read the forums before attempting this act.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion but I am unable to get in to dev mode due to the launcher and quick search not working. (can't type upupdowndown etc.. in the quick search)

The only option that I can think of now is if there is another way to get in to device info. It appears that other apps are working fine so I suspect device info would work if I could get to it. (via a keyboard shortcut if there is one)
    I had this problem with my phone. even after calling Sprint there was no way to fix it. I had to Download the new WebOS Doctor and reformat the phone and then I got it all up and running again. But as the others have said , and as others failed to see. Some of us did not "get the full Memo". I myself just missread one post and did not find the "right" one till after the fact. So the tweaks do not work on this new OS. the only tweak working so far is the "Squarify the screen" one. Good luck and sorry you had to go through this to.

Forgot to add, the repair utl that Jason has out does nto work to fix this issue ether.
    Last edited by Porsche928guy; 09/29/2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
    Hey don't take offense nick but you really should keep the phone in dev mode to simplify your life.. There really is no reason to take it off dev mode that i could think of.. Sorry i cannot offer any suggestions
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Note: even if you have Developer Mode enabled, after you perform the WebOS 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade, Developer Mode has been turned off and must be re-enabled.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    So basically what I'm seeing is to not do any tweaks on my Pre after I do the 1.2 update...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1114 View Post
    After installing the update I performed a few tweaks using webosinstall. I've never had a problem using this (webosinstall) before but after redoing the tweaks while on 1.2.0 I can no longer access the launcher (along with quick search). This prevents me from accessing any application that is not on my quick launch bar. For this reason I can not perform a full erase. (can't get to device info) If I bring up the launcher it appears that all of my icons are stacked on top of each other in the upper left corner. I can't click on them, nor go in to launcher preferences.

- can't access device info to perform a full erase
    - can't access universal search (since launcher isnt working) to go in to developer mode and access webosdoctor
    - can't do the full erase via the online palm site (possibly due to an unrelated issue, not sure at this point)

On the forums I see that I can do an erase by doing the reset via ##786# but I need a keycode and would rather not sit on hold with tech support to get this, unless it's my only option.

Does anyone have a way to access device info without using the launcher and/or quick search?
    You have to get MSL (Master Security Lock) Code from your provider and do an over air reprogram.
  10.    #10  
    I guess I just assumed it was no longer in dev mode.

I finally called Sprint and got that MSL but unfortunately this isn't working either. I type in the ##786# code, then the MSL, then click reset - and it just hangs.

garsha420,
    When you refer to an over the air program with the MSL, are you referring to having Sprint do this? I've tried the erase via the palm profile but was unsuccessful. I also tried via ##786, as stated above.

I'm also going to try what Porsche928guy had recommended. I assumed webosdoctor wouldn't work since I was no longer in dev mode (or dont think im in dev mode) but I'm going to give it a try shortly.

Thanks to those that have replied.
    Same thing happened to me. I was so excited about the update I forgot to turn all the tweaks and mods off. The phone updated and everything was fine. Then I saw that you should disable everything before but I disabled everything after the update. Thats when i couldnt get my launcher and my phone went crazy.

Well I took the battery out, restarted it and nothing. I took it to sprint and the did a factory reset using ##786# and the MSL and STILL NOTHING! This phone is a dead weight now. So they ordered me another one as a replacement. kind of sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Note: even if you have Developer Mode enabled, after you perform the WebOS 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade, Developer Mode has been turned off and must be re-enabled.
    hmm not for me....mine was already dev mode on for me hmmmm weird
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by bobTX09 View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I was so excited about the update I forgot to turn all the tweaks and mods off. The phone updated and everything was fine. Then I saw that you should disable everything before but I disabled everything after the update. Thats when i couldnt get my launcher and my phone went crazy.

Well I took the battery out, restarted it and nothing. I took it to sprint and the did a factory reset using ##786# and the MSL and STILL NOTHING! This phone is a dead weight now. So they ordered me another one as a replacement. kind of sucks.
    i dont know how u couldve disabled the tweaks after the update...bc normally if u didnt take out the tweaks and u install the update...the update overwrites the files but w.e thats y ur pre died
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    No offense to most, but everyone has got to stop with these threads and replies. QI does not work with WebOS 1.2, and it was said long before it's release. So people read the forums before attempting this act.
    Actually, all of the several tweaks that I applied using WOSQI 2.03 worked fine in WebOs 1.2.0 (as suggested by the author, Jason Robitaille). So, it is WOSQI 2.5 and 2.6 which is catagorically not compatible with WebOS 1.2
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    How about this one. I made sure to take all tweaks off as well as keyboard. Update to 1.2 went fine. went into QI 2.03 to install a few twekas. First one was 4x4 and add a launcher page. Then no launcher or search for me either. Rebooted a few times, no change. Went to the latest WebDoctor and begin restoring. Made sure to keep moving the cursor on the laptop so it wouldn't go to sleep. Then at 66% done, right after moving the cursor around, it goes to sleep and bricks my phone!
    After 4 tries to ressurect, called Sprint. The tech there tells me that since I'm well past 30 days and don't have insurance, I'll have to buy another. Oy!
    Happy ending.
    The service rep at Sprint said, no problem. Since I'm a Preferred Customer (been with them 3 months?) they'll replace it if it's truly bricked. They didn't have one in stock, so I had to go to another store in town. Had it waiting for me.
    Out in 15 minutes.
    Downloaded 1.2 on the way to work, installed it and all the tweaks in 2.03 work perfectly!!!!!
    Plus, the new app catalog seems to be out and it didn't request C Card info. Downloaded about 15 more apps. And now about to put in PreWare.
    Also, just did a backup late last night and the sign in with Palm restored EVERYTHING except the Homebrews.
    Truly a "Lucked Out" afternoon.
    Thank you Palm and Sprint!

*edit* Noticed that the catalog is still beta. The format of classifications has changed so much that I mistook it for the full release version.
    Last edited by tamvegas; 09/29/2009 at 09:34 PM.
  16.    #16  
    I tried webosdoctor but it's not recognizing my phone. (dev mode probably got turned off after the upgrade)

I'll probably take mine in to the store tomorrow.
    its weird. i just got this problem outta no where. i mean, i had done tweaks, but uninstalled them all before 1.2. gave it a quick visit to the doctor and it was fixed in under 30
    I have installed the update 1.2 on my PRE, and tried to use WebOSQuickInstaller, and my device just died. No applications opened, anywhere I went, I saw only blank screen. Even when I press "Phone", I get an empty screen. The application page is empty, and even the "device info", from where one can perform hard reset, is also blank. So I called Palm, and they told me that there is a Hardware Malfunction! Is it possible that QuickInstaller would kill my pre???
    So now I am in process of reseting it from PRE website, but accourding to PRE people, it would only erase the data, and will not reset the device.

Anyone had this problem??? Any suggestiong???
    Oh, yes, one more thing, I can accept phonecalls!

Any feedback is helpfull!
    look like is time to visit webos doctor or try removing any tweaks you applied
    don't mean to sound crass, but it has been posted multiple times here in the past day not to use WOSQI on WebOS 1.2.... use the search function on this here forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast