• Yep!

115 80.99%
  • Nope.

27 19.01%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    This patch can now be applied via Preware

If you have not manually edited your phone to enable led notifications, I would highly recommend using Preware instead.

If you did use the manual method, you can restore your original securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $securityconfig$-$scene$.$html$ $files$ $from$ $your$ $backup$ $copies$ $and$ $then$ $use$ $Preware$ $to$ $apply$ $the$ $patch$.

EDIT: you can check patch compatibility with 1.2 in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1936846

Friendly warning: I would recommend using caution when applying any other patches found in the autopatch-feed in Preware. Not all of them are verified to be working with 1.2, but the LED notification patch works great.

Open Preware, go to Available Applications > IPKG

Install autopatch-feed

Restart Preware, then go to Available Patches > Screen Lock

Install Enables LED Notifications

*Click OK on the prompt warning you about running the script.

Once it is installed, reboot your phone, go into Screen & Lock to enable Blink Notifications, and you should be all set!

Original post:

You can use Notepad++ to edit the files, get that here Browse Notepad++ Files on SourceForge.net

No rooting required. Use WebOS Quick Install, set your phone to developer mode, plug it into your computer, then go to Tools > Receive file

You need to copy 2 files, securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs and securityconfig-scene.html

So in the Receive File window, put /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs in the File box and pick your desktop for the Destination Folder, then click get from device.

Do the same for the next file, but the path is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

Now before you do anything, make backup copies of both of these files in case something gets messed up.

In securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $remove$ $the$ $following$:

// from line 54
    // from line 55

/* from line 248
    */ from line 251

In securityconfig-scene.html remove the following:

<!-- from line 92
    --> from line 97

<!-- from line 101
    --> from line 103

Save those 2 files. Then use WebOS Quick Install, Tools > Send File

Send securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/

Send securityconfig-scene.html from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/

Reset your phone and go to Screen and Lock, and you should have the option for Blink Notifications
    Last edited by jp22382; 10/01/2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Worked for me!
    Any particular version of webOS QI required? I know you answered me in another thread, I just thought I would throw it out as a question so others can see it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Personally I am running 2.5 and have not downloaded 2.6 yet. But no idea if that will make any difference at all.
    Did it with 2.6, no issues... Thanks OP!!
    I'm switching between 2.6, 2.5, and 2.03 to get all my hacks back after the upgrade to 1.2. So far so good! Did this under 2.03...
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    It didn't work for me at first, so I tried it again. The only difference is that after I saved the changes, I exited completely out of notepad++ before sending the files through with WebOS Quick Install. Then it worked.
    Awesome! Thanks jp22382!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    for some reason when i connect my palm pre and try to get webosIS to recognize my pre it wont recognize. It keeps asking me to connect. Any ideas or anyone having this same problem?
    i have them both copied to the desktop, now how do "remove" the lines.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    You may have tried this already, but make sure you have Developer Mode enabled. The 1.2 update disabled Developer Mode for me and I had to enable it again:

1. Do a universal search for "webos20090606"
    2. Launch "Developer Mode Enabler"
    3. Turn developer mode on
    4. Reboot

-Kevin
    This worked for me. Excellent instructions. Very easy to follow.

This will make my life so much easier. Now I don't have to check my phone every minute to see if I missed a notification.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

One question/request....us users are never satisfied. :-)

Is there a way to change the frequency of the blinking? I looked at the files but couldn't tell if it is something that can be done easily. It seems to be blinking every three (3) seconds, which seems a bit frequent....at least for me. Anyway to increase this?

Mike
    Thanks
    Worked for me
    Great work
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    Is there a way to change the frequency of the blinking? I looked at the files but couldn't tell if it is something that can be done easily. It seems to be blinking every three (3) seconds, which seems a bit frequent....at least for me. Anyway to increase this?
    Honestly, no idea

All I did was pull together information that was floating around and make it more digestible for everyone. Had to dig around yesterday to figure it out, so least I could do was share.

As far as tweaking the behavior, I haven't even looked to see if that is possible.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks man!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Did not work for me... Why ? Bell ROM ?

Sorry for my bad english... I do my best!
    I can't get this to work at all on my phone and I'm a developer! Bah!

I copied the files successfully, edited the lines and sent them back to my device. The whole process appeared to work flawlessly but, naturally, it didn't work. I even have developer mode on.

I just get a white screen.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I get a blank screen too... what's wrong ?
    One of my biggest gripes about the Pre, fixed! Thanks!
    I sent my backups and restarted and I still get a blank screen. I even grabbed the versions of the files from the emulator, put them on my device and I still get a blank screen.

This sucks.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast