View Poll Results: Worked for you?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep!

115 80.99%
  • Nope.

27 19.01%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mine is a blank white screen now. I think it's because the first jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $is$ $grabbed$, $was$ $incomplete$ $causing$ $the$ $settings$ $to$ $not$ $show$ $at$ $all$. $You$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $either$ $use$ $webos$ $doctor$ $or$ $somehow$ $find$ $the$ $original$ $files$ $and$ $copy$ $them$ $over$ $on$ $your$ $device$. ($I$'$m$ $still$ $waiting$ $for$ $someone$ $to$ $have$ $the$ $original$, $complete$ $files$)
    Worked for me... thanks for the instructions. I like doing it this way, rather than a patch... I know what's happening and why. Much easier than rooting and poking.
    I used Quick Install 2.6 Is this what anyone else used or can anyone post an older version or, perhaps, their modified files that worked?
    Here's the originals from v.1.2.0, build 171 (latest update)... remove the "Copy of" at the beginning of each file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Would like to add some tips for Mac users out there that aren't super tech savvy.

We're relegated to Textedit, which is as far as I know means you need to full size the window, and EDIT: "For Mac Users using Text Edit....You dont have to count lines, Press 'Command + L' and enter the line number..." Thank you cyberbrutus. It's easy to spot the lines you want when you're in the general area, they have something like Blinkalert or LED something, I can't remember sorry. Then just follow the guide from there.

On a second note, Textedit works perfectly fine for the first file, but when attempting to edit the second .html file, it won't work, just shows titles of sections. Don't bother trying other programs, and don't worry about downloading a new program. Simply go back to the file, edit the name to say .jsjsjs ($like$ $the$ $first$ $file$) $rather$ $than$ .$html$. $Accept$ $the$ $warning$ $that$ $will$ $pop$ $up$, $reopen$ $with$ $Textedit$ $and$ $repeat$ $the$ $same$ $steps$ $as$ $the$ $first$ $file$. $When$ $you$'$re$ $done$, $save$ $it$, $go$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $location$, $and$ $change$ $the$ $name$ $from$ .$js$ $back$ $to$ .$html$. $Works$ $perfectly$, $just$ $some$ $added$ $notes$ $to$ $the$ $first$ $great$ $guide$.
    Last edited by BEDA; 09/30/2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added cyberbrutus' tip
    White screen here too........wonderful. At least it makes a good flashlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Here's the originals from v.1.2.0, build 171 (latest update)... remove the "Copy of" at the beginning of each file
    Thanks! Apparently, grabbing the files using Quick Install v2.6 garbled the files.
    Here's the edited files that enable the blink if you just want to upload them to the phone... use at your own risk, they worked for me, your mileage may vary.
    For Mac Users using Text Edit....
    You dont have to count lines, Press 'Command + L' and enter the line number..
    Thank you, used these files and my Screen & Lock came back on and then I redid the whole process from the start and worked perfectly, thank you very much.
    Thank you worked great ...
    Here's the edited files that enable the blink if you just want to upload them to the phone... use at your own risk, they worked for me, your mileage may vary.
    After the 1.2 update my email is no longer functioning. I get notifications that I have received email but on the main email page all I see is the account names - I can't expand the accounts to see my inboxes, trash, sent etc. I tried removing one of my accounts and re-adding but still not working. I removed all my tweaks prior to the update.

Can one of you kind souls please tell me which files need to be copied back to the Pre to fix the Email app? Maybe even post clean copies??
    Thanks!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Used your file download and then followed the last part of the original directions and it worked flawlessly. thanks.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    worked :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great stuff - thanks OP, works like a charm!
    Worked with these files and Quick Install 2.03
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mahebert View Post
    I get a blank screen too... what's wrong ?
    You probably deleted the whole lines instead of following the instructions carefully and just deleting the characters nullify the line of code.
    Super easy! Thanks for this, this is great, no more needing to turn on to see if I have anything waiting for me. Love the pulsing glow Great job.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    You probably deleted the whole lines instead of following the instructions carefully and just deleting the characters nullify the line of code.
    I have followed the instruction VERY carefully... See attached file... Can you take a look ?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Same **** blank screen with these files...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast