Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My friend just updated his Pre to 1.2 in the last hour or so. I had been telling him about the tweak this morning and how the code was there but Palm had it commented out. Well after his Pre updated, he had already received a text. When I looked at the Pre, the screen was already off and the button was pulsing! So he checked the screen settings and sure enough the option was there and enabled by default! Has anyone else updated in the last few hours and notice this?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No, I do not think it is. I had to uncomment mine to work.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I updated yesterday, and it is on by default, though I haven't noticed it working.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Don't even have the option on mine (without uncommenting, that is). Neile45- did you by chance get prompted to download the update a 2nd time after initially downloading/installing it?
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
  5.    #5  
    I updated mine around 7pm yesterday, never got that huge second update, and did not have it enabled by default, I did the tweak.
    You'll have to do the tweak. It's commented out by default.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I only got a single update as well and I too had to manually enable the notification. I am afraid I have to call BS on anyone that claims it was already working by default unless they can somehow prove it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I only got a single update as well and I too had to manually enable the notification. I am afraid I have to call BS on anyone that claims it was already working by default unless they can somehow prove it.
    How the hell are they going to prove it??
  9.    #9  
    I thought it was weird as well, but I saw it myself and the only tweaks he had done with 1.1 was the timestamp in messaging and vibrating dialer tweaks with webOSQuickInstall, no rooting, Optware, Quilt or anything else. So weird.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    What is up with this 2nd update?!?
    I am up to date and only did the smaller update (around 76 or whatever) and some are talking about another one around 156 and now having the ability to have a blinking light.
    Are you guys only getting that from a rooting code? I want a blinky-blink for missed alerts...
    so where do I look for this at again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #12  
    Under the Screen and Lock settings at the very bottom.
    the option isn't even on my phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    mine either.. i updated roughly an hour after 1.2 came available.. didn't notice the temp option to download a bigger badder version.. lol as for the option nothing there showing or hinting to the light of blink-ness i wonder if i used the new webosdoc would it install it.. hmmm is that even an option???
    I'm not crazy cause my hands are in my pants...... I'm just feeling Nuts!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Under the Screen and Lock settings at the very bottom.
    ...under 'Notifications'? I updated to 1.2 and have a 'Show When Locked' on/off button there.
    Ok can you please add step by step instructions or put something up on how to make the LED blink ! New at this ! Thank you
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    yea its not on mine either
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    they don't have that patch on preware do they?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Here are some step by step instructions I whipped up after going through all of this yesterday (no rooting or patching needed).

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1930649
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast