Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hello, I know this mite have been discussed countless times but I'm wondering if sprint contacted me via text messaging in regards to my pre tethering?
    I use tethering from time to time but not heavy useage and i got this text message.
    If I call Customer Service about it, will they know about tethering useage?
    Or does anyone know what this message actually means?
    How much data usage are you doing with tether, and do you do torrents or other large volume types of data transfer?

just wondering because it may be that the volume of data is as much a clue in as anything, and is certainly one of the more likely things to give them concern enough to potentially change your policy.

I realize palm gets info on what we have installed on our pre, but I don't know that sprint has access to that in any functional/billing manner.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    its not over 5 gigs, maybe close to 4gb but i do use heavy pandora sprint tv etc.
    I do not torrent at all, or download when i tether, just surf here and there. SO i'm quite confused why I received this, I've checked my Data useage for the past two months since ive owned the pre and have not gone over 5gb.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Do you know anyone personally who works for sprint or one of those call centers with access.. oh or someone who works at best buy who can pull up your account low key? Also are you sure its just for your data usage in sprint coverage, and not roaming coverage.. ive seen that show up online as a seperate column
    I'm not crazy cause my hands are in my pants...... I'm just feeling Nuts!!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i have a friend i got my pre from, he works for a sprint retail store, what exactly whoudl he be looking at or what questions should he be asking to key "tethering" low key. I do utizling pandora and radio a lot,
    are you sure you didn't receive some sort of promotional credit from Sprint for wallpapers, ringtones, etc? It seems I had a credit like that once & they may just be informing you that you should use it soon or lose it. Call *2 about it. If it is tethering they'll tell you, just don't volunteer that info. Not calling just seems like sticking your head in the sand hoping the problem goes away.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    good point.. i could be just a credit from an old plan or an adjustment to your current based on something such as above stated.. as for your friend i would tell them you got this message and you don't know what it means.. can you look at my account and see whats up.. that's it..
    Last edited by zambalis; 09/29/2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: im ******** and didn't proof read my self.. Go Me!!!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    leadtrumpetdave,

Thanks, i did have a roaming charge of 10$ last month which they issued an immediate credit on since i for some reason did not have a "roaming plan/add on" but that was over 3 weeks/month ago, I'm going to call just to find out, I'm hoping its that.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=L7nx;1931678]Hello, I know this mite have been discussed countless times but I'm wondering if sprint contacted me via text messaging in regards to my pre tethering?
    I use tethering from time to time but not heavy useage and i got this text message.
    If I call Customer Service about it, will they know about tethering useage?
    Or does anyone know what this message actually means?
    [IMG]

If you are on a 3rd party employee plan,it means they will cancel the monthly credit for downloading ringtons,call tones etc.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    im on a 3rd party employee plan but i never download ringtones,call tones, etc. i do picture mail and use the net is about it, perhaps its my roaming credit they did, I'm going to have to call in.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    maybe its an employee thing then.. try contacting someone with the same plan.. from your company.. and see if its a mass text.. or specifically design for your contract.. if your not the only one then its a possibility your 3rd party contract may have terms you didnt know about.. or well there are lots of options actually.. just call in...*2 best bet.. either way let us know because if i get that message and im not on a 3rd party then i wanna know what you said so i can work some magic lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I dont think its a mass email because me and my brother have the same plan except he has the tour. Haha i get your drift i'm going to call in today and see what the deal is, i'll update on what I was told, i'm hoping it has nothing to do with my internet or tethering
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    they are just removing that from 3rd employee plans,no need to worry !!