Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey guys after install 1.2 I added them theme back this icon appeared next to my EV signal

does anyone know what it is?
    after seeing the icon, i took my theme off, uninstalled a few things but it wont go away.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ebonexxx; 09/29/2009 at 06:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is it just me or does it look like a ear?

Maybe its indicator for the ringer switch so you wont forget the phone in silent mode by mistake? Try flicking the ringer switch to silent mode and see if the icon changes into a crossed over ear or something.

Im just guessing though, dont own a Pre so I hope it got a ringer switch.

I constantly forget my Treo in silent mode and with a icon on the screen it would be easier to notice instead of checking the switch.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I remember quite a few other threads talking about this, but I can't recall what they determined it was
    Possibly Bluetooth related? Maybe a icon for BT mode for the hearing impaired?
    Follow Me On

Have a Bluetooth headset connected? Pretty sure it's just that that's separated out now from the standard Bluetooth icon to let you know easier. It's pretty common to do it this way on other phones.
    Tty / tdd?
    Are you playing Charades? Sounds like...
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Tty / tdd?
    No, that is not the TTY/ TTD icon. The TTY/TTD icon is a picture of a phone handset over a numberpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Have a Bluetooth headset connected? Pretty sure it's just that that's separated out now from the standard Bluetooth icon to let you know easier. It's pretty common to do it this way on other phones.
    That is NOT a bluetooth icon. I use BT religiously and that is not the icon for it. Looks more like an ear. If you've changed themes recently I'm pretty sure it's theme related.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have the same icon after the 1.2 update. It's not bluetooth or TTY. No themes currently installed. i didn't see it when I did have themes installed.
    first word ..... ear...is it ear????...Lol. please keep updated of what this is.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Are you playing Charades? Sounds like...
    WIN

13.    #13  
    yeah i got ahold of palmcare and they had no idea what it is. its not bluetooth, tty, or my phone being on silent..... this is weird

Thanks for the fast response
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    That is NOT a bluetooth icon. I use BT religiously and that is not the icon for it. Looks more like an ear. If you've changed themes recently I'm pretty sure it's theme related.
    Again, on most devices there's the standard Bluetooth icon and a separate Bluetooth headset icon. I don't use Bluetooth headsets anymore, so I was speculating that this was the separate Bluetooth headset icon when it's actively connected). Have you used your Bluetooth headset since the 1.2 upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Again, on most devices there's the standard Bluetooth icon and a separate Bluetooth headset icon. I don't use Bluetooth headsets anymore, so I was speculating that this was the separate Bluetooth headset icon when it's actively connected). Have you used your Bluetooth headset since the 1.2 upgrade?
    Yeah it's not a headset/a2dp symbol.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It is a symbol for hearing impaired, it is to allow hearing aids to work with mobile phones.

You ain't deef r u????? lol
    They weren't able to figure it out in the other thread either. They thought maybe it was related to a theme that had been installed previously.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-ear-icon.html
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Big Bros is listening to your phone convo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post

does anyone know what it is?
    YES
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Big Bros is listening to your phone convo
    yeah i think steve jobs is ****ed at me for getting a palm

and do you really know what it is?

edit: i just noticed that i took that screen shot at 9:47 the same time all the iphone mock up screens time say.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast