Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Well, I was one of the unlucky few that suffered from the sudden stuck top button. I tried everything I could to get the button to push out again with no success. Went to Sprint this afternoon and the tech tried a couple of hit old tricks on it with no success. He said it isn't wear and tear and a replacement should be arriving in a couple of days. Any idea whether the replacement is going to be a refurbished or a brand new device? The reason I ask is because there might have been sufficient time for them to stock up some of the returned phones and refurbish them. I hope this isn't the case. I'm mostly worried about the creaking issue as this phone has been flawless since day one.
    I have to get a replacement also. This will be my second replacement. The first was a retail swap. You should not have to worry about it being a reburb.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Happy to hear. Did you have to exchange the entire content of the box, or do they just swap out the phones themselves? Also, was the quality of the replacement better than the original one you had?
    Usually a swap consists of them pulling a phone out of an unmarked box, you have to put everything in it yourself. By this I mean Battery, SD card if phone is capable, fancy back covers etc. All you get is a stock looking phone without a battery...in most cases.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Actually, like my sister, they were sent a replacement phone which is not in its original packaging. It's a smaller packaging just with the phone itself (no battery, cables, etc.) As I suspected, this phone was previously owned and returned by someone within the 30-day trial. How do I know? Well, the left side has a pretty nice gap on it compared to some of the recent batches which are pretty gapless. In addition, I see a streak on the mirror, which is a sign that the phone has been used pretty often before.

Everything else seems to be fine. I'll try to get over the gap, but if I can't, what is the best way of getting the phone replaced again? I doubt they'll send another replacement for a gap issue, so what do you guys recommend I tell 'em to get it replaced? I am on the TEP program.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    If you got it through tep then you have a 12 month warranty from any defects through asurion. Call them and let them know you're unhappy and they should make it right. A refurb should look and feel brand new.