1.    #1  
    so I can view excel files but not word files on the Pre. Is that right?
  2.    #2  
    bump. Anybody else have this problem?
    Excel files can be viewed and/or edited.

Word files can be viewed, but not edited.

and with the 1.2 WebOS update PDF files are downloaded. However there's a bug because the PDF files are not downloaded with the .pdf file extension. Therefore WebOS gives you an error when you click on the downloaded file.
  4.    #4  
    Weird.. I keep getting this when I try to view word documents on my Pre. I can view it just fine in my pc

"The bad news is that Google Docs has just encountered an error.
    The good news is that you've helped us find a bug, which we are now looking into.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    In the meantime, if you'd like updates on this and other issues, try visiting our Google Docs Help Group: Google Docs Help.

Sorry, and thanks for your help!
    - The Google Docs Team

(report #5WenRTPOA9tVXtmD)"
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I have just logged into Google Docs to check, and I am not having this problem. I can read documents and edit spreadsheets, and I'm not getting any errors. Sorry you are having this problem, and good luck!
    I'm also experiencing this problem. excel docs open fine but I get the error "google docs has encountered a server error" when I try to open a word doc. My documents were created in Office 2003. I'm wondering if this is causing the error.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.