Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice that a large amount of the posts about WebOS 1.2 Issues are by fairly new users/posters. Maybe I shouldn't criticize as i could be classified as a newb. I just find it ODD. For all the issues about battery life, EAS broke, other issues, etc that have been posted.......I have yet to experience a single one and I am very picky and have tried tons of 'stuff' this morning to try and break it. Nothing yet.

What are your thoughts?
    Briquet's syndrome
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 09/29/2009 at 02:23 PM.
  3.    #3  
    LOL (admit that I had to google that)
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Did you mod or root your Pre?
    I have had no issues. I am very happy with the general speed increase that came with the mojo framework upgrade.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Some people will never be satisfied [i.e. video recording] and others truly have issue, yet most of their problems can be answered. I have noticed that most of the Newb's will create new threads/posts even though there are several already created. It would be nice if everyone used the search feature on this forum. So that way helpful posts, new features,discussions, etc.. don't get overlooked

I personally consider the 1.2 update as a move in the right direction and it has brought many improvements. Theres still room for Palm to improve this platform. All I can say is be patient. If video recording is that important then either switch phone or suck it up.

I do not mean to disrespect any poster's views nor their preferences. I understand that certain things are more impt to some vs others. Yet lets try to keep things positive and appreciate what we have.
  7.    #7  
    No rooting had been done, but had tweaks. Removed them a week or so ago.

I am also generally happy with 1.2 so far. The best thing I have found so far is that my Pre now connects to my camry built in bluetooth on a regular basis. Was hit or miss before.
    Depends on what you call issues. Installation, update problems, I don't know. Maybe some had tweaked things a little too far and had some problems.

Yes there are issues, and some deserve a thread on their own. If you're not running into issues you're simply oblivious to how things should work or don't do a whole lot with your Pre.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Yes there are issues, and some deserve a thread on their own. If you're not running into issues you're simply oblivious to how things should work or don't do a whole lot with your Pre.
    Thanks for your input. I am not oblivious and do a lot with my pre. Are there issues now - yes. Were there issues in past - yes. Will there by issues in future - yes. Nature of technology. Maybe I should clarify - I just dont think the problems are as big and as widespread as it is appearing in the forums.

Feel free to 'flame' me some more. Will make it a mildly entertaining day!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    The best thing I have found so far is that my Pre now connects to my camry built in bluetooth on a regular basis. Was hit or miss before.
    For instance, it still doesn't work with my Pioneer AVIC D3. Are you saying this is not an issue now because your particular unit is working?
  11.    #11  
    For instance, it still doesn't work with my Pioneer AVIC D3. Are you saying this is not an issue now because your particular unit is working?
    Im not saying there are not issue......read my last post. And if you read my post about Camry BT....it states 'the best thing that I have found'. Obviously something has been fixed, but not fixed fully. Moving forward = a good thing.
    Im not saying there are not issue......read my last post. And if you read my post about Camry BT....it states 'the best thing that I have found'. Obviously something has been fixed, but not fixed fully. Moving forward = a good thing.
    Moving forward in some areas, backward in others. Total - not by much.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I thought Pioneer was going out of business? Maybe Palm is not trying to get the Pre to work with Pio stuff because of that?

Joe
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    I thought Pioneer was going out of business? Maybe Palm is not trying to get the Pre to work with Pio stuff because of that?

Joe
    Since you opened the door on Pioneer - My comment (whether or not they are going out of business) is who cares about Pioneer - CRAPPY equipment. LOL!
    my only issue is it still wants me to download the 153mb version. anybody resolve this yet?
    only homebrews and everything downloaded fine. I go to bed and wake up and my palm profile had been disconnected and couldn'nt login. When it did finally login, it only gave me the option of restarting or erasing all files. I restarted and contacts, and pics were restored. All homebrew apps, bookmarks, texts, were lost. So yes some people are having real issues, and I haven't really complained about my phone since I got it.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Since you opened the door on Pioneer - My comment (whether or not they are going out of business) is who cares about Pioneer - CRAPPY equipment. LOL!
    I care. I paid good money for it and expect my phone to work with it as advertised.
    Nope, no 1.2 issues, only 1.2 users.

Not referring to sivan though with this comment, just a ton of the issue threads are user error or wrong expectations.
    No issues here with 1.2. Nice list of improvements over 1.1
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No issues here. Undone my tweeks last night when the 1.2 was available, updated, put my theme and the tweeks I wanted back on.....all is good. All my access to to the Pre thru winscp and root is all good.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast