Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hi I am a Federal Technician for the National Guard. I was wondering if it's possible to set up email to fetch from a .mil email address.

My AKO address ends in us.army.mil which in turn forwards it to my ng.army.mil address.

I have tried setting it up via the us.army.mil with my AKO password however I get a certificate error.

If anyone has experience with this I would love to hear it.
    youll have to get the cert and install it on your phone more than likely

To install a certificate, use USB mode to move it to your Pre from your computer, then use the Certificate Manager in Device Info -> More Info to import it from the main USB directory.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    youll have to get the cert and install it on your phone more than likely

To install a certificate, use USB mode to move it to your Pre from your computer, then use the Certificate Manager in Device Info -> More Info to import it from the main USB directory.

Thanks I will give this a shot when I get home.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    No, you cannot download email from AKO. That requires a CAC smartcard, and the Pre doesn't have a smartcard reader.

Workaround, I haven't tried it, but you should be able to log onto AKO with your username and password, and get your mail via webmail.
    I had tried to log-in through Webmail but it didn't work. You don't need a CAC to log-in to AKO; that is only through government computers. I tried to connect through the USB to transfer the certificates, but that didn't work either. I hope that someone has been able to find a way to get access to AKO. That was the sole reason for my husband and I finally taking the plunge and getting a smartphone.